10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, My name is Kisha. I wondering if anyone has experienced this problem with their Civic. I brought a 2018 Honda Civic ex in Dec. Now that it summer time in South i noticed that my a/c isn't keeping up with the heat. It will get cold when the temp outside is cool but when its hot it doesn't get cold. Its feels very mediocre. Any suggestions on what it might be? I was told that it maybe leak somewhere and it would cost $220.00 for a recharge by a Honda shop near me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, My name is Kisha. I wondering if anyone has experienced this problem with their Civic. I brought a 2018 Honda Civic ex in Dec. Now that it summer time in South i noticed that my a/c isn't keeping up with the heat. It will get cold when the temp outside is cool but when its hot it doesn't get cold. Its feels very mediocre. Any suggestions on what it might be? I was told that it maybe leak somewhere and it would cost $220.00 for a recharge by a Honda shop near me.
DO NOT pay to fix this. It sounds like your AC condenser is going bad. The early 10th gen Civic condensers were poorly designed. Honda recognized this and extended the warranty on that part to ten years. If you take it to a dealership and there is no sign of external damage such as a rock hitting it (which is unlikely) then it will be replaced at no cost to you. This has happened to a lot if 10th gen owners including me so I know from experience that it can be fixed for free. I have a 2018 ex-t and my AC did the exact thing you are describing at about 40,000 miles. You shouldn't have any problems getting this corrected. It took my dealership about two hours to complete the work. Just make sure the receipt they give you when it's all done has the new condenser part number. I can't remember the whole thing but the old part has A01 in it and the new one will have A02. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I did but they said it wasn't a leak. I ended up selling it. I. got over $4,000 in positive equity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's an ac condenser leak I just got mine replaced

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, They checked mine the dealership but couldn't see anything. I ended up selling it and getting a 2018 Honda Accord Ex-L. It's soooo much better! I'm definitely happy with this purchase. I believe it had to blow out warm air in all the vents instead of one to get it replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts