10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum ever since the surprise reveal of the 10th gen civic in early April. I can't believe its already been two months. A little about me. I live in Columbus, Ohio which is close to a couple major parts and assembly plant for the civic. I own a 7th gen civic that has been flooded, been in 3 major car accidents, and is now classified as a salvaged title but still runs like new with 150k on the odometer.:D

I was in the market for a 2015 Civic EX and was just about to pull the trigger when the concept was released. I was able to negotiate the price (including all fees and destination surcharges) down to $18,000 which is an incredible 18% off. I'm really looking forward to the new civic but i'm not looking forward to the MSPR that i'll likely be paying. If anyone is familiar with new car price trends, how much do new cars sell for relative to MSRP?

Also, how soon after the unveiling of the new civic in September will we start seeing them on the lots? I imagine it cant be too long as it'll really put a hamper on current gen car sales.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Price off of MSRP is strictly dependent on the dealer/salesman and your negotiating skills. FWIW, I paid $22,600 for a new EX-L that had an MSRP of $24,755. When I was last car shopping, the new models weren't released to the dealers until they had sold their current MY inventory down to a level specified by Honda and each dealer likely had a different quota based on their volume history. The new cars they ordered were delivered to the nearest distribution center and held until they met the requirements for getting rid of last year's models. Thus, each dealer received delivery of the new models at different times. I don't think this would apply to someone who has ordered a specific new car.

I use the information from this web site, plus others, for car shopping.

https://www.carbuyingtips.com/

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi everyone, I've been lurking this forum ever since the surprise reveal of the 10th gen civic in early April. I can't believe its already been two months. A little about me. I live in Columbus, Ohio which is close to a couple major parts and assembly plant for the civic. I own a 7th gen civic that has been flooded, been in 3 major car accidents, and is now classified as a salvaged title but still runs like new with 150k on the odometer.:D

I was in the market for a 2015 Civic EX and was just about to pull the trigger when the concept was released. I was able to negotiate the price (including all fees and destination surcharges) down to $18,000 which is an incredible 18% off. I'm really looking forward to the new civic but i'm not looking forward to the MSPR that i'll likely be paying. If anyone is familiar with new car price trends, how much do new cars sell for relative to MSRP?

Also, how soon after the unveiling of the new civic in September will we start seeing them on the lots? I imagine it cant be too long as it'll really put a hamper on current gen car sales.
Depends on supply and demand. Also depends on the particular dealership you are at. Each dealership has monthly and yearly goals. They get bonuses if they surpass these goals. So if its the end of the month or year, and they are however many cars out from their goal, they are likely to offer you a great deal if you are a good negotiator.

Moral: buy your car at the end of the month from a struggling dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts