10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very bad day for my Civic 2016

Today,no air conditioning in my new civic, i go to honda, no moore gas in my A/C, not warranty because see the picture, something hit the radiator, cost to repair 850$
day one i buy the car i told my whife the a/c is not so cold, no i have nothing to prove it' was there when i buy the car maybe

·
Registered
54 Posts
$ ouch ! Good luck with your repair.
Some new Civic owners are zip tieing leaf guard for rain gutters to screen that low opening.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stone damage

Today,no air conditioning in my new civic, i go to honda, no moore gas in my A/C, not warranty because see the picture, something hit the radiator, cost to repair 850$
day one i buy the car i told my whife the a/c is not so cold, no i have nothing to prove it' was there when i buy the car maybe
It's time to put a piece of "rat wire" (about 1 cm sq holes) in front of the AC coils to keep stones from damaging the coils.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow that sucks! How did that happen? Was this on the freeway?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you tell me what to do to block this access, I'll pay the $ 850 but the problem can come back pretty quickly, if you have the image of the change I'd like to see them, thank you

·
Registered
922 Posts
That is a complete bummer, and a pretty penny as well. Sorry to hear about that man. But, I would definitely put a mesh behind the grill there, either buy a black mesh or get a regular one and paint it black so you won't notice it as much ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks B20Vtec,

latest news, my dealer is in talks with Honda Canada to try to pass warranty repair , I have to wait until next week for news

·
Registered
54 Posts
That would be great for Honda to do this for you. I wonder if H is thinking of screen.
Search > anyone install protection for their intercooler April 11 2016
That's not exactly your problem but the picture is good. I`m surprised at the airflow that some guess it will cut off, ok for Que'bec, not for Dubai.

·
Registered
876 Posts
That mesh is key, a lot of cars have rad's exposed like how the 10th civic does and it's not often you hear about situations like this.
It just sucks that it won't be cheap to replace the rad although it could present an opportunity to go aftermarket and for a price similar to OEM. Check with Mishomoto and the like.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't think smaller holes will be needed as it takes quite some effort for a rock big enough to cause damage to get behind the mesh. Anything small that can happens to get through shouldn't cause damage of concern, little scratches maybe, nothing to compromise function

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
latest news, I will have to pay $ 1,050 for the replacement of the radiator, but my car insurance will probably pay ( road hazard ) , I 'll know this week, my deductible is $ 100 a chance for me

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, $1,050! Keep trying to get some good will $ gesture from your dealer or Honda.
A friend had a piece of steel go through his fender, his insurance repaired it, road hazard.
Pictures of the new hatchback show plastic hexmesh ~20mm opening covering all openings.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if insurance pays I only have $ 100 to spend , I will not try to beat me again, but one thing is sure , there is a lack with this radiator that is not protected , I bet that the 2017 model will have a nice protective grille

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Hope your insurance pays at least a portion of that repair bill. Makes you wonder if some kind of protective mesh was left out on purpose or it was overlooked.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts