10th Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
At best they should be able to cover at least half of it but that's more than likely to vary from one insurance company to another.
Fortunately it's one of those cheaper components to have changed out, still unfortunate though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My radiator was replaced , total bill $ 1,097.87
My auto insurance paid to repair and I had the $ 100 deductible to pay

·
Registered
922 Posts
Better than paying the $1,100 I guess... that really sucks though man

Which route do you plan on going to try and protect the rad ??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
where I live I have to do the highway every day and look at my front bumber how it is inlaid fly, I rub nice but it does not go all , I used the trick of Bounce Dryer Sheets in à bootle of water but I have to rub so hard that it will damage paint

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Those will do the job but they aren't the best looking. There's always the clear bra solution but it won't protect the air intake.

·
Registered
922 Posts
where I live I have to do the highway every day and look at my front bumber how it is inlaid fly, I rub nice but it does not go all , I used the trick of Bounce Dryer Sheets in à bootle of water but I have to rub so hard that it will damage paint
Sorry I didn't understand that, you mean the front bumper gets filled with flies ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
No A/C

The other day was 95 degrees. I jump in the car, fire up the A/C(actually it was on auto) and drive home. After a couple of miles, I realize the air is getting hotter. I messed with alll the climate controls, turned it down to "lo", manually turned on the a/c...nothing. I swing by the dealership, and the service managers grabs his thermometer and heads to the car with me. Starts it, revs it to 1500 r.p.m., and we watch the temp from the vents go from ambient 95, to 116! After arguing over a rental, I finally get picked up by Enterprise to drive home in my sweet Sentra. If I didn't have the lifetime wrap package, I would have nothing, so I guess I'm ahead of the game. I get a call the next day saying the car is all set. I asked the problem, and the service advisor said, "No Freon". as in 0 psi.He said the system was leak tested 3 times, and the first time the system was in full vacuum. Honda let the car leave the factory without an ounce of Freon in it. Which also means, not an ounce of compressor oil. Hopefully,the compressor never kicked in, seeing as it was vacuum. This is my first Honda, and more than likely my last. The car has 2k on it, and the smart entry had to be rebooted(which Honda never told me, because they don't know what the issue is), and now this. I'm also getting some rattles in the dash. Honda quality ain't what it used to be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So you did not use the a/c for 2000 miles?
If it left the factory with no refrigerant then it would have never worked. And would have been caught at PDI inspection.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can see not using the A/C for 2000 miles. . . I have 5200 on mine and the only reason mine has ever fired is that it comes on with the defroster (it hasn't exactly been warm where I live, yet). I'd agree that it just seems unlikely that a car could leave the factory with no refrigerant at all, and that even if it did they wouldn't have caught that when inspecting the car for delivery.

Seems odd to me. I think that the dealer may not have been completely straight with the owner here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We bought the car in the middle of winter, so no, we never used the a/c. New England has two seasons. Too hot, and too cold. We officially hit the too hot time of year.

I had a problem with the delivery of the car from day 1. They swirled the **** out of the rear bumper, and when I returned it for another detail, they made it worse. I finally told them to stop trying before they ruined the paint, and they gave me free quarter flares, cargo net and trunk organizer.

The service advisor said they found the system in vacuum when they checked the psi. They leak tested 3 times before just filling it, and giving it back to me. The advisor said if it feels anything but ice cold, to bring it right back. No problems in a week.

So, it seems to be a combination of Honda QA missing it from the factory, and the dealers lazy PDI.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So, not surprisingly, this did not fix the issue. The car was back in on Wednesday, and they replaced the high pressure line. Picked it up today, turned around, and drove right back to the dealer. It was hotter inside the car, then it was outside. The service manager hooked the car up to their "miracle a/c computer", and it was functioning perfectly. He even drove us home in our own car with the a/c blowing ice cold. They are going to try it again tomorrow from a cold start. This is getting really annoying, as my wife has only put 2500 miles on the car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
So, not surprisingly, this did not fix the issue. The car was back in on Wednesday, and they replaced the high pressure line. Picked it up today, turned around, and drove right back to the dealer. It was hotter inside the car, then it was outside. The service manager hooked the car up to their "miracle a/c computer", and it was functioning perfectly. He even drove us home in our own car with the a/c blowing ice cold. They are going to try it again tomorrow from a cold start. This is getting really annoying, as my wife has only put 2500 miles on the car.
I am shocked that you are having all of these issues specially this repeat issue. I hope it finally fixed. Are you going to escalate this up the chain any higher?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The dealership is really trying hard to fix it. They are one of the oldest dealers in the country, and have an excellent reputation. I don't want to deal with Honda unless I have to.

I actually offered to take the car back yesterday while he was driving us home, but he was determined to replicate whatever "bug" is doing this.

Personally, I think it's a bad compressor. With these smaller motors, you can easily feel it kick on and off. I only felt it come on once for about 5 seconds while I was driving yesterday. It ran steady after coming off the machine.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts