10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today on my day off I decided to install the various LED's I got for my Touring Civic Sedan...

I bought a kit from eBay for map lights, rear dome light, trunk light and reverse lights.

I also got the high end JDM Astar LED's for brake lights and turn signals along with in-line resistors for the turn signals... :nerd:

Please note that I had used the high end JDM Astars before on my EK 97' Hatch so I had been very satisfied with them.

I got to say the eBay kit was awesome and changed the look of the interior instantly. Of course the JDM Astars did the job as expected.

If anyone would like links or have any questions don't hesitate to ask. :D

Regards,

BA

PS: Attached is the trunk LED. This was taken with a fully dark garage and no flash on a iPhone 6+.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the front seat area... Same conditions... :nerd:

BA

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the rear seat area... 0:)

BA

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here is the link to the red brake light bulbs:

JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright Max 50W High Power 7440 7441 7443 7444 992 LED Bulbs ,Brilliant Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MC7H3LS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_2.wMxbA5GW7BH

Well worth the money. You can see these even in the bright sunlight without any issues.

Put these on the regular brake lights on the taillight with no issues.

Put one of these on the third high mount brake light but had to modify the bulb itself for it to go in further into the plug and it finally plugged all the way in and fitted barely just right.

Here is the link to the turn signals:

JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright PX Chipsets 7440 7441 T20 LED Bulbs ,Amber Yellow(Brightest Turn Signal Bulb on the Market) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PGRGSH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-exMxb9FKTS59

Awesome brightness and light spread. Well worth the money.

Here is the link to the resistors:

4Pcs Aaron 50W 6ohm Load Resistors - Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash Turn Signal Blink Error Code https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L4V9ECY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ZhxMxb8ACVTVX

Very easy install indeed.

Let me know!!!

BA

Reactions: 4Tires

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Thanks for the pics and links! What kind of mod did you need to do to make the bulb fit into the third high mount brake light socket?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pics and links! What kind of mod did you need to do to make the bulb fit into the third high mount brake light socket?
The bulb had some raised area that was stopping it from going all the way into the socket so I shaved them very carefully with a very sharp knife and was able to get the bulb to fully seat all the way into the plug and it barely fit in there. Took some finesse but it works well...

Hope that helped... :nerd:

BA...

Reactions: 4Tires

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks...

Was the resistors necessary? Did you try the bulbs without it?
Yes, I was curious to see if they would work without them but they didn't.

Interestingly the work fine if I activate the hazard lights (no hyper-blink there) but for turn signal duty they did hyper-flash so I had no choice but to use the resistors... Not too hard to do...

Just got to make sure they hang down and not touch the plastic since they could get hot enough to melt the taillight plastic. :surprise:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If the resistor gets really hot and there's a chance of it melting the plastic, can you mount a piece of aluminum where it could touch the plastic to protect the plastic bits?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the resistor gets really hot and there's a chance of it melting the plastic, can you mount a piece of aluminum where it could touch the plastic to protect the plastic bits?
Looks like if you position them right they will just hang down between the taillight and the cars metal so just right...

Regards,

BA... >:)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Does it fling around when you drive though ?? I would want to secure it lol, I get really worried when it comes to those things

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does it fling around when you drive though ?? I would want to secure it lol, I get really worried when it comes to those things
It looks like it has enough space to dangle. :nerd:

I don't see a real way of securing it in there while still being able to remove the taillight.

Might want to try the plug-in adapters instead of the line-in taps...

BA

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks like the 50W resistors come with "vampire" connectors. Please don't use these. Use a solid solder connection instead. You will thank me years from now. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
CIVIC Touring LED HL

Hey since you have the Touring trim

Do you think it would be possible to buy a pair of the LED Headlight unit of the touring and install it on the lower trim levels

that came with the projector headlights instead??

I prefer the look of the touring headlights, I just dont know the wiring on that unit though.

If its cool with you, can i request a photo of the back of the headlight assembly??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey since you have the Touring trim

Do you think it would be possible to buy a pair of the LED Headlight unit of the touring and install it on the lower trim levels

that came with the projector headlights instead??

I prefer the look of the touring headlights, I just dont know the wiring on that unit though.

If its cool with you, can i request a photo of the back of the headlight assembly??
They sell plug and play headlights now ! Check this thread http://www.10thcivicforum.com/forum...2929-led-headlight-housing-touring-model.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts