10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Aluminum Pedals

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  4Tires 
#1 ·
Lol I feel as if I'm annoying in the forums because of all posts I create. I saw on Amazon, aluminum pedals that are drilled into the car's pedals. I thought they looked nice but before I go getting any crazy ideas I had a couple concerns main one being if it would lower the value of the car having the pedals and footrest drilled to install those. Also if anyone has done it before what do you think about it? I get that its mainly for looks but does it help a bit with maybe grip or anything else?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Car-Space-2012-2016-Automatic-Transmission/dp/B019UZY614/ref=sr_1_8?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1459802303&sr=1-8&keywords=civic+pedals[/ame]

#2 ·
Lol I feel as if I'm annoying in the forums because of all posts I create. I saw on Amazon, aluminum pedals that are drilled into the car's pedals. I thought they looked nice but before I go getting any crazy ideas I had a couple concerns main one being if it would lower the value of the car having the pedals and footrest drilled to install those. Also if anyone has done it before what do you think about it? I get that its mainly for looks but does it help a bit with maybe grip or anything else?

http://www.amazon.com/Car-Space-201...8&qid=1459802303&sr=1-8&keywords=civic+pedals
I would be careful since they said it fits 2012 - 2016, which would be two generations of civic - and I am guessing the accelerator, brake and dead pedal may have changed with the 2016.

#3 ·
I'm not going to order it lol. I just wanted to know if it'll lower the car's value and if anyone has any problems with aluminum pedals. I'm going to wait a couple of months before I order the pedals for the 2016 to give aftermarket companies time to develop products for the 10th gen. Civic

#5 ·
Seems a bit odd... i thought most accessory aluminum pedals just completely replaced the stock black rubber/plastic ones, not go over/cover them. sounds like a cheap DIY trick compared to real aluminum pedals that replace the entire piece.

#6 ·
First time I've heard about pedals that you screw onto the stock ones. Would make for one thick pedal. If you want semi-permanent grip for your pedals, you can try sticking on grip tape, the kind used for skateboards. Once you're done with it you can rip it off your pedals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.