10th Honda Civic Forum banner

am i the only one who feels he has to slam shut the door?

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  glbg 
#1 ·
ive noticed my drivers door I almost need to slam it in order to close it. I also noticed my drivers window slowly goes up and down. doesn't matter if its auto or not. something weird with that door I feel.

anyone else have this issue?

#3 ·
I just noticed that with mine that I picked up a few days ago. I do have the slam the door harder, which I hate doing. Maybe in a few months, the seals and such will wear down a bit, making it easier?

#4 ·
Hmmm, it's funny you mentioned the driver's window motor operating slowly. I recently purchased a 2017 hatchback sport, and one of the two vehicles I was shopping had a slow operating driver's window motor. The dealer told me they had already noticed the issue, and said it was already scheduled to be replaced. Needless to say I did not purchase that particular hatchback.

#6 ·
I don't have an issue with my Hatchback's doors but my drivers side window was slow rolling up when I got it. I did some research and it looked like a quite common complaint so I took it in to the dealer and they re-lubricated the channels and it definitely sped up but almost too fast where it hops in the channels. It is better now but I'm still not 100% satisfied with its operation compared to the other windows. Definitely a minor annoyance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.