10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've seen a few posts regarding the Civic sedans (mostly EX-T), but was wondering if anyone installed any aftermarket sub/amp for their hatchback? If so, can you point me in the right direction for the wiring diagram? I have a feeling it's probably not the same compared to the sedan, & those diagrams are always hard to find!
So if you're able to be of assistance, it's much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Cal

·
Registered
16 Posts
I actually just traded in my piece of crap 2015 Cherokee and am picking up my 2017 Civic Sport 6spd hatchback in 2 days (as of writing this).

I am having a shop that I know take my JL Audio amp (2 of them) and my JL 12W3 out of my jeep on friday and am having them install it all back into my new Civic when I have a week off in 2-3 weeks.

What wiring diagram are you trying to find? The speaker wires themselves from the back of the head unit?

Also, another Ontario resident here, not too far from you by the way :D

Sometimes it's just better to have a shop that knows exactly what they're doing to do the work for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually just traded in my piece of crap 2015 Cherokee and am picking up my 2017 Civic Sport 6spd hatchback in 2 days (as of writing this).

I am having a shop that I know take my JL Audio amp (2 of them) and my JL 12W3 out of my jeep on friday and am having them install it all back into my new Civic when I have a week off in 2-3 weeks.

What wiring diagram are you trying to find? The speaker wires themselves from the back of the head unit?

Also, another Ontario resident here, not too far from you by the way :D

Sometimes it's just better to have a shop that knows exactly what they're doing to do the work for you.
Yup! exactly. the back of the head unit. my bro is very good with this kinda stuff. he's done the installation for my sound system for the past couple cars. but since this is so new, hes never really worked on this before. i mean they're all essentially the same but he just wants to make sure hes familiar with all the wiring before doing anything.

whereabouts in ontario are you? and congrats on the new car! what colour did you get!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yup! exactly. the back of the head unit. my bro is very good with this kinda stuff. he's done the installation for my sound system for the past couple cars. but since this is so new, hes never really worked on this before. i mean they're all essentially the same but he just wants to make sure hes familiar with all the wiring before doing anything.

whereabouts in ontario are you? and congrats on the new car! what colour did you get!
I'm in the Durham Region.

The colour I got was Aegean Blue Metallic

If there's ever a meet out in Durham I will be down for that since it is starting to get warm out!.

If I get the shop to install it in the next couple weeks I'll ask them which wires are for which speaker if they're nice enough to tell me. They'll be doing 2 amps and 1 sub... the rest of the speakers come later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in the Durham Region.

The colour I got was Aegean Blue Metallic

If there's ever a meet out in Durham I will be down for that since it is starting to get warm out!.

If I get the shop to install it in the next couple weeks I'll ask them which wires are for which speaker if they're nice enough to tell me. They'll be doing 2 amps and 1 sub... the rest of the speakers come later.
Wicked! i also have the blue (in case you didnt see my pic lol)

which shop are you taking it to, and do you know roughly how much it'll cost? yeah i think the most important thing is to know the factory amp remote wire so we can tap into that.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts

which shop are you taking it to, and do you know roughly how much it'll cost? yeah i think the most important thing is to know the factory amp remote wire so we can tap into that.

Much appreciated!
PM me

·
Registered
1 Posts

Much appreciated!
Hey there, also in Ontario, close to Peterborough and just bought a 2018 Hatchback LX 6MT. I am interested in upgrading the stereo by adding a sub and amp and maybe more down the road. Curious if you ever got that wiring diagram? Also wondering what shop you used for your stereo upgrades? Oh ya and...does our 180watt 8 speaker system have an external factory amp?? Or is it all from the headunit?
Thanks in advance of any help you can give.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts