10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2016 Civic. Two problems have been happening as long as I can remember.

1) The passenger window doesn't roll down randomly
2) The AC turns off randomly

I took my car to the dealership about 8 months ago to complain about it. They couldn't duplicate it then or at my oil changes. So, last fall I brought it in the drive and had a technician duplicate the window not functioning properly. He went inside and spoke with a manager, came back out to tell me they know about this issue and that Honda was working on a control module fix to call back in a month to check to see if Honda released the control module fix. I asked if they notated my account about duplicating my problem, he said yes. So I left.

A month and a half later, I called back, spoke to a manager, they said the fix was not out yet. To call back later.

I called back a last week to check on it since I'll be coming in for an oil change...... THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT A FIX, A KNOWN ISSUE WITH HONDA, MY PROBLEMS, AND MY ACCOUNT WAS NEVER NOTATED THAT THE WINDOW PROBLEM HAD BEEN DUPLICATED.

Now, I'm 5k from being out of warranty, they have had my car since Friday, can't duplicate the problems. Its not hot here right now, I doubt they'll be able to duplicate the AC issue and the window problem only happens randomly. The manager who's handling my situation will not acknowledge that something is known about this issue with Honda. He just keeps saying I need to have the car duplicate the issue to replace the window actuator. But, that's not the problem. It's a computer problem.

Does anyone know what the specific fix is called or what to say to Honda myself to get them to get involved? Does anyone else have experiences with a dealership who was able to fix the same problem??

TIA!!

Jen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Honda Customer Service

Hello Jen Skillz,

We are with American Honda Customer Service. We are sorry to hear about your Honda Civic issues and your experience with your local Honda dealership. We would like to further review your concern. Can you please contact us and provide your contact information, and VIN #. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Dillon

Honda Automobile Customer Service
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501

Contact Options:
Twitter: @HondaCustSvc
Facebook
Automobile Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-999-1009

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will call Honda now. Thanks!

Hello Jen Skillz,

We are with American Honda Customer Service. We are sorry to hear about your Honda Civic issues and your experience with your local Honda dealership. We would like to further review your concern. Can you please contact us and provide your contact information, and VIN #. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Dillon

1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501

Contact Options:
Facebook

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called Honda customer service. I was given a case number and told someone would be calling me to look further into my case in the next couple of days. They said the "most likely" because my vehicle is in for service for this issue and that there will now be notes regarding my concern that I should be okay in the future, as far as Honda covering the repairs, even if the dealership is not able to duplicate my concerns right now. But that until my case is reviewed that I won't know for sure.

The dealership is keeping my car for a week trying to duplicate the issue. That's the best they can do at this point. I'm just hoping that "fix" resurfaces and this becomes an issue that Honda will find a way to remedy.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Thank's Jen for keeping us informed, and thank you HondaCustSvc for keeping an eye out for us. Definitely ask for a note to be put on your file when you are in a situation like this and it doesn't hurt to go one step further and ask for a print-out or an e-mail conformation of their findings. Good luck Jen you should have no problems now.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Hello Jen Skillz,

Thank you,
Dillon

1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501

Contact Options:
Facebook
Awesome service!!!!Thanks for helping out our Civic family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts