10th Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since this appears to be only affecting the Touring my guess would be that the issue lies with a faulty amp that just doesn't turn on correctly all the time.

Are there any Touring owners who are NOT experiencing this issue? I wonder if it is limited to vehicles coming out of a single plant (Indiana vs Ontario). The 11th digit of your VIN would tell you.

E = Greensburg, Indiana
H = Alison, Ontario
L = East Liberty, Ohio

I think the 10th gen Civics are coming out of the first 2 plants though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wonder what the interface is between the head unit and amplifier? Is software involved? Seems probable that both assembly plants receive the same amplifier as a component direct from some assembler in the far east.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had the lack of volume issue. My problem was associated with the infotainment system in general, not just with CarPlay.

I found a temporary remedy to this by going to :
Settings>vehicle>door/window set-up and turning those features off. Then exit the car, lock it by touch and then unlock and start ignition and boot up. Yes, I miss those optional features but I have had volume for 4 days straight since they're off. I can live without those features until Honda finds a permanent fix.
In my case (and hopefully yours) it may be an indication that it is not an amplifier malfunction but perhaps a simple software glitch.
I'd be interested to hear if this maneuver helps others.

I have posted this in other threads with the idea of helping others until Honda has a permanent fix, but no feedback. So, it may not be a temporary fix for anyone else, although I hope it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man I just bought my touring today; won't be getting it till Monday. Upsets me to see stuff life this :/

I will post on here if I experience any issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Honda replaced my amplifier with an upgraded prototype unit. So far so good. I had all of the problems mentioned in this thread with no sound of any type (periodically). This update seems to have completely cured the problem. I took the issue directly to Honda and dealt with a customer service supervisor. If you push hard enough, you will get action.
I will keep everyone posted to insure that the problem does not return.

Good luck to everyone else!!!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Maybe other who are having this problem can show your post to their Honda dealer and have it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only had ours since Saturday, but no issues so far. Both on my phone and my wife's it has worked flawlessly, albeit only for a couple of day. (We do have a virtually unusable subwoofer though.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had my iPhone disconnected at least twice already when I was playing music.

The first time the connection dropped, I suspected the USB connection was loose so I unplugged it from my iPhone and plugged it back in. This seemed to had fixed the problem.

The second time the connection dropped, I've decided to turn off Bluetooth on my iPhone, as well as removing my phone from the Bluetooth device list. I've also set Honda CarPlay on my phone to start play when my iPhone was unlocked. I haven't had a dropped connection yet but I'll give it another week and see if all goes well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use CarPlay every time I drive my car, and only once has it messed up. However, it ended up freezing my phone and the head unit. When I unplugged my phone (iPhone 6 Plus), the head unit went back to normal but I had to reset my phone to get it working again.

Other than that one time, its worked fine for me. All I use it for is music anyways, I don't really like using Siri for messages, it never gets what I want to say correctly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am happy to report that my dropped connection has disappeared after a week! It seems Bluetooth was causing an intermittent problem with CarPlay, possibly trying to access the phone while it was connected through a USB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a few issues with my 2016 Touring and iPhone.

1) Playing music via BlueTooth - if I play music via Bluetooth, it doesn't sound right. song "skips" every 10 seconds or so. if i play the music via CarPlay there are no problems

2) If I go into CarPlay and try to listen to my Voicemail, it does nothing. can't get voicemail to come through speakers. if I unplug phone and don't use CarPlay, the Voicemail will play through speakers via bluetooth. strange......how do I get it to play via CarPlay???

anyone have a fix to either of these?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a problem with Apple CarPlay. 2016 Civic EX-T. I almost always have Apple Maps displayed when I am driving. Sometimes when I put the right turn signal on the LaneWatch comes on the screen and then when the turn signal goes off, I just get a blank screen (I think there may be an error message). For some reason CarPlay gets disconnected and I can't get it back unless I unplug my iPhone 5C (iOS 9.2.1). I've also had this happen after pressing the climate button, which shows the A/C, Mode, and fan settings. After he climate screen switches off, I find my iPhone disconnected and the screen is blank. This does not happen all the time. It seems to happen when I don't know where I'm going and actually need driving directions!

One time I could not get it to come back at all. I tried unplugging the iPhone. Then I tried restarting my phone. Then I tried turning the car off then back on. The only thing that worked was to remove the car from the Apple CarPlay list (Settings -- General -- CarPlay) and then setting it up again.

I don't know if this is an Apple software issue or Honda. iOS 9.3 should be coming out soon...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had carplay and BT connection issues. Finally did a reset of head unit and so far so good.

Also honda had a SW update which i had installed today.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm quite unknowledgeable about the 10th gen. Is there an HDMI input? Are any of the smart young folks figuring out yet how to bypass car play etc and mirror up our phones like we can in 9th gen?

Reactions: Mccobk01

·
Registered
17 Posts
For anyone still having the issue with their display flashing on and off, I have found that if you tap the Lane Watch button for a second, the display will reset itself when it returns. You don't need to reboot the head unit unless nothing is working as it should. At this point, you might want to contact your nearest Honda dealership.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since updating my iPhone to OS 9.3, I have found that CarPlay is much more reliable! Everything seems to load more completely and accurately. Very glad to see that!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just picked up my Civic 2016 Touring yesterday. Can't get audiobooks to play through my carplay. Also have some sound issues with bluetooth--popping sounds, scratchiness. Any one else?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just had my audio drop and freeze when trying to use voice commands. Only came back after starting the car and having issues with it recognizing voice commands as numbers . Car was built less than 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just had my audio drop and freeze when trying to use voice commands. Only came back after starting the car and having issues with it recognizing voice commands as numbers . Car was built less than 6 weeks ago.
What trim Civic do you own?

I really wish we knew when Honda was going to release software updates for all the infotainment issues. It would also be nice to know if the cars running down the assembly line today had updated software.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts