10th Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
FYI:
Having the latest .022 update done "as we speak". Plus a B1 maintenance service.
First B1 with this new Touring and am nervous about having someone work on my car. It runs SO smoothly now and I just hope it runs the same if not better after I get it back. I've always been of the philosophy... Oil and filter changes only...if it ain't broke don't mess with it. My trust is with the tech right now.

Update:
Great service and great results.
Car actually does run so smoothly.
Infotainment system is nice also.
I'm so pleased with the tech who did the B1 service. Gives me confidence in leaving my cool Touring in the hands of someone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
iPhone 6s Plus Carplay cause radio to freeze

I have had my 2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan for a month now. I can plug my phone into the USB and play music through Apple Carplay just fine. The minute I tell it to read me a text message it stops playing music and will not read the message. The volume becomes stuck at 25 without actually playing anything and It will not let me change sources. It remains like this even after I unplug the phone. The only way to get the radio to play audio again is to manually hold down the audio power button and force a reboot of the system. When this happens it also keeps me from adjusting the climate control system. This happens every single time! Its extremely annoying. I have had the car in the dealer 3 times. They have talked to Honda Tech support, unhooked the battery and performed a factory reset. The phone is an iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 9.3.5. I have also talked with apple and have performed a factory reset on the phone and the issues remains the same. Has anyone had this issue? Were you able to fix it?

·
Registered
213 Posts
The phone is an iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 9.3.5. I have also talked with apple and have performed a factory reset on the phone and the issues remains the same. Has anyone had this issue? Were you able to fix it?

Perk, there's an update available for the iPhone...version 10 something. I've updated my iPhone with it, but don't have a Civic or carplay yet. Give it a try. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had one issue with CarPlay shortly after I received my car.

At one point, all sounds (music/nav/etc.) for CarPlay stopped coming through the speakers and would not come through the phone either. The radio worked, though I could not restore sound to CarPlay even by unplugging/replugging my device and disabling/enabling bluetooth.

The issue was resolved by restarting my phone; I haven't seen the issue since, though I assume it's still there.
I have intermittent problem with my radio when, I use my transponder to remotely start the car or some else with another transponder uses it near my car when I try to turn on the radio my speakers pop like a machine gun, I try accessing different mode for music, but will only work on Am. At first I thought it was Sirrus but I discontinued my subscription with them, and it still happened then it dawn on me to try the remote start and it happened again. I didn't take it to the dealer yet because as I said it is intermittent. And knowing the dealer they will tell me there's nothing the can do because they have to see the problem before they can fix it.
Can anyone explain to me why there is an access panel on the floor in f the front passenger floor panel, I was vacuuming my interior and I removed the front passenger floor mat and I seen. Try to ask Honda USA on Twitter but they told me to make an appointment with my dealership, because they have no knowledge about anything...lol
Thank you advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I have had my 2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan for a month now. I can plug my phone into the USB and play music through Apple Carplay just fine. The minute I tell it to read me a text message it stops playing music and will not read the message. The volume becomes stuck at 25 without actually playing anything and It will not let me change sources. It remains like this even after I unplug the phone. The only way to get the radio to play audio again is to manually hold down the audio power button and force a reboot of the system. When this happens it also keeps me from adjusting the climate control system. This happens every single time! Its extremely annoying. I have had the car in the dealer 3 times. They have talked to Honda Tech support, unhooked the battery and performed a factory reset. The phone is an iPhone 6s Plus with iOS 9.3.5. I have also talked with apple and have performed a factory reset on the phone and the issues remains the same. Has anyone had this issue? Were you able to fix it?
Try updating to the newest version first and if it still doesn't work then you may need to bring your vehicle into the dealership so they can take a look at your infotainment system. Also handy to try it with someone else's phone to see if it's a model specific problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Car play audio issues with android and apple. I was having issues with my blue tooth, and the music not working. When I start my 2016 Honda Civic Sedan touring car, the music won't come on. It gets to the point where I have to use the navigation in order for the music to start playing. Just last night, I was having issues with my blue tooth in the car. It would blue tooth with my phone, but it would only play the music on the phone. It wouldn't allow me to make phone calls or answer phone calls through my car blue tooth. I just called the Honda dealership in my area, They told me it is a software issue glitch, and that there is a software update to fix both problems. What they do is they will check your VIN number to see what recalls has been reported. So I have an appointment with the Honda Dealership to get it fixed. It states that it only takes a half in hour, but the person I talked to on the phone told me, that they will book me for 2 hours just in case the software update is having issues to update. So yes there is glitches in the newer products of Honda, but they are tiny ones. I love my Honda Civic. I wouldn't trade it for any other car. I really feel safe in my vehicle, while I am driving. This puts me at ease of mind while I am out on the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried Apple Car Play and very quickly disabled it. I found it to be glitchy; my music or audiobook would suddenly stop for no reason. Also, the controls seemed clunkier than the onboard Honda Bluetooth menu.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Apple Carplay is a very unstable platform, and the incomming calls are at full volume!!!! it scares the **** out of me and my passangers!! its horrible..
Now i cant connect to the unit at all.. i have changed the cable once, and tought it was bad.. Its the Honda unit who is realy bad.. i can not use it right now, and have not worked for days.. its not chargeing either.. the message who comes up is, no contact with unit.. Its realy disepointing when buying a new car...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I unplug the cellphone. The most effective manner to get the radio to play audio once more is to manually preserve down the audio energy button to turntable records and pressure a reboot of the system. When this takes place it also keeps me from adjusting the climate manage gadget.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts