10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He makes a good point...

The new Honda Civic received gushing praise from the media, which was a bit over the top - okay, make that a lot over the top – because in the flesh it came off more like a custom one-off built for the SEMA show. What’s important about the new Civic – perhaps more than even the car itself – is that it allegedly represents a fundamental shift away from Honda’s recent moribund thinking and a return to the philosophy of building desirable cars with not only a point of view, but that are actually fun to drive. What a concept, right? We look forward to driving - and experiencing - real evidence of Honda’s enlightenment.
http://www.autoextremist.com/curren...ftermath-and-the-ugly-realities-facing-c.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
It was indeed a refreshing change to see, one a lot of people we're hoping for in the 10th gen after seeing the 9th make its debut and not appearing to be all that different from its predecessor.

Now to wait and see what they deliver as a production model, i'm excited :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
It was indeed a refreshing change to see, one a lot of people we're hoping for in the 10th gen after seeing the 9th make its debut and not appearing to be all that different from its predecessor.

Now to wait and see what they deliver as a production model, i'm excited :D
What worries me though, is that they made the new FIT less sporty which is the exact opposite of what they said they were up to...

·
Registered
45 Posts
What worries me though, is that they made the new FIT less sporty which is the exact opposite of what they said they were up to...
That direction they took with the fit was understandable due to its segment and surrounding segments where the new Fit can tap into, making it purely for commuting.

Seems like they have more reasons to keep up a sporty direction with the new Civic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts