10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Follow the link for the full review from AutoGuide. Below I have posted the conclusion and Pros/Cons bullet points.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/honda/2016-honda-civic-lx-review

The Verdict: 2016 Honda Civic LX Review

Honda set out to prove it could build a conventional compact car better than the competition and aside from controversial styling, it looks like the manufacturer may have succeeded. Not only is the loaded up Touring model great, but I’m hard pressed to think of any entry level compact car that can match the efficiency, power, quality, equipment and space of the 2016 Honda Civic LX. Even in base form, the Civic still impresses.
Pros

- standard equipment
- ride comfort
- fuel efficiency
- interior space

Cons

- wheel covers
- no CarPlay or Android Auto included in LX

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Well the wheel covers they didn't like was from the LX trim...Civic had to cut the costs somewhere and the wheels seems like the easiest place to do it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think it would be a smart move, on honda's part, to include carplay/AA on the base civics in the future. Rewrite the software for the small 5 inch screen the LX uses and make it available across the range. There would still be the cost savings of not using the 7 inch touch screen, but would offer something standard on the civic that most car makers are only offering on upper trim levels (like how they made the backup cameras standard on all their cars).

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Agreed, the lack of carplay/AA could be a deterrent to some buyers because it's such an integral part of everyone's daily life now. If they can't afford the higher trim but still want carplay/AA, they'll have to looks elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts