10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I got a 16 touring and I noticed the past couple days that when I am on cruise control I get a beep. It's very intermittent and no warning or anything comes up. On a 5 hour drive yesterday on cruise it did it about 10 times. This morning on a 30 minute drive it did over 40 times. Turned the car off and back on. Doesn't seem to change. And only happens when on cruise control

Any and all help is appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everybody I got a 16 touring and I noticed the past couple days that when I am on cruise control I get a beep. It's very intermittent and no warning or anything comes up. On a 5 hour drive yesterday on cruise it did it about 10 times. This morning on a 30 minute drive it did over 40 times. Turned the car off and back on. Doesn't seem to change. And only happens when on cruise control

Any and all help is appreciated
The beep you hear is when the adaptive cruise control "locks on" to the car ahead of you and maintains that car's speed. You see the little car logo change from outlined to solid when it locks on and back to outlined when the car in front has moved out of range (it beeps then, too). You can adjust the range with the cruise control buttons. It took me a few drives to figure this out as well. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I turn the beep off. I just noticed it. Got 24k on it now. Lol. Very weird

But thanks for telling me what it is

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2018 Hatch ST does not beep. I wish it did. Also I wish it would beep when the LKAS gains and loses the road markings so I can wake up and continue steering(kidding).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are you using the navigation system? I took a trip this weekend and used the navigation system, but had the radio opened on the display panel. I heard a beep that I finally identified as the navigation system informing me that it found a faster route. Sometimes it was only one minute faster but it still beeped. I'm pretty sure I can turn that option off.

It didn't correspond to whether I had a car locked onto the ACC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts