10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to get the best intake for the 2.0L cvt 21lx.
I was wondering if it is even worth it ? Or just do a drop in filter? I drive alot of miles figured it might get me 1 more mpg. I saw brand that had intake for my car aem, k&n, and prl I want the best for carbabd longevity. Also another brands you know of would help me as well.

· Registered
2020 Honda Civic Sport 4 Door Sedan 2.0L
4 Posts
A cold air intake will not improve your fuel mileage enough to even be measurable. Any increase in horsepower it will create will also be very insignificant. It will produce more noise as you accelerate giving you the impression it is creating this amazing amount of more power but that is about it. Think about this. Vehicle manufacturers / engineers spend immense amount of money trying to squeeze every MPG out of these cars as it is. They do this so they can meet or beat the stringent demand for higher fuel mileage vehicles set forth by our federal government. The government now wants all manufacturers to only build electric powered vehicles by a certain date. If that cold air intake would make that much of a difference it would be installed at the factory. If I would recommend anything it would be to go with the K&N drop-in unit. At least with this there is some performance gain, and it is serviceable which can be cleaned, dried, oiled and reused. The absolute best thing for your fuel mileage is keep up on your vehicle maintenance and check/set your tire pressures regularly.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course in the past vehicles I have had. I had the drop in filters. Love the ease of use. I wanted to post to see if the new 10 gen civic had better gains with an intake. Thank u so much for replying to my post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts