10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Black touring with Black or Ivory interior?

29K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Muzammil 
#1 · (Edited)
I have decided on Black and always get black interiors, but I saw the Ivory interior and thought it looked really classy. The black on black seems too much black. Thoughts on looks, maintenance etc ?

#3 ·
I have not seen the black on black, but when I was the black/ivory I thought it was awesome. I was set on white and have yet to see the touring in white (just the EX) ,but so far it's not grabbing me. It does not seem to show off the car like black. Any thoughts ? Anyone seen the black on black ? compared with the black/ivory? It just looks soon classy with the ivory interior. Not sure what to do !

#5 · (Edited)
The ivory leather seems to look particularly nice in this car. I never thought of getting anything but black before. It looks like it's from a much more expensive car. I'm caught off guard now ....lol I will try to see a white in touring but so far it does not seem to show off the car like the black does. I'm not clear on the ivory colour. Some cars that have ivory look white , but the ivory in the touring model does not look "ivory" to me. It looks much more of a tan color. Am I missing something?

#8 · (Edited)
I believe a darker colored interior is a safer bet across all trims. I had a 2014 Accord white orchid pearl with the ivory cloth interior and often enough if I took a small group out and eating was involved I would get small smudges on the tan colored upholstery. It is as if light grease from food was on someone's who did not wash their hands. I would only suggest ivory if the car is equipped with leather so it is easier to clean. Long term ivory cloth is a risk and much harder to keep clean.

#10 ·
It really does look great. that is my dilemma. I would like ivory interior, but it only comes in black in canada. The *** comes only with the black exterior . I have had black interior a few times so a change might be nice. It's tough when everyone tells me black is soon hard to keep clean and ivory is hard to keep clean etc..... I am leasing so it only has to last 4 years.........**** ! can't decide.

#11 ·
I have gray interior and it's hard to keep clean too... i think cars are just naturally messy and rolling catchers for dirt and dust. No matter what color you get it's going to get dusty and dirty. The difference being gray and ivory will show stains more than black will. But black will show hair/fur/dust more.

#12 ·
I like lighter color interiors... the black makes me feel too enclosed, except my old '72 Caprice has a black interior, but it is so huge, it still feels big. lol. I think black is more difficult to keep clean as far as dust/lint as mentioned above. I would go with the ivory or gray if available with the black. I want white with gray interior, but they do not offer gray interior with the white exterior. :( I got gray interior in my new Sonata that I will hopefully be able to exchange for a new Civic soon. :)

#13 ·
Black exterior equipped w/ivory interior

So im from toronto about to buy my first touring model and it does come with ivory but only if you get black on the exterior, would've loved to purchase it if if came with burgundy night pearl...currently double minded which to pursue :s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.