10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Bluetooth Audio skipping/stuttering

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wydopnthrtl 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 Civic EX and when using my Moto X Pure Ediiton, I can't stream audio via Bluetooth without it skipping and stuttering. I took it to Honda a while ago and they said it could be a phone compatibility issue, but I highly doubt that. After the last TSB they did on my car (the parking brake one) my phone connects to Bluetooth just fine and every time, and the stuttering doesn't happen via voice calls, only when trying to stream audio.

Android Auto works just fine. Anyone have any possible solutions? Could it be my phone and it be a compatibility issue, or is there a TSB out there that I'm not aware of that could potentially fix this problem?

Thanks!

#3 ·
If BT is connecting to the phone for other apps its not the BT connectivity. It's most likely your ph.

You might try removing bloatware from the ph. And try uninstalling and reinstalling the app you use for streaming the music.

One other thing I've seen on Hondas and Acuras is to remove all phones from the phone connect list. Then reconnect. I've seen a few cases where this significantly improved connectivity. (that seemed to be all or nothing type of problems)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.