10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening,

Just got a brand new Civic 2017 Basic edition and since new there is an issue with the way my iPhone send outgoing calls to the bluetooth system. For some reason when I dial a call from the phone it won't go to the system unless I click twice on the phone screen over the bluetooth logo.

This would not happen on the 2014 bluetooth system because as soon as a number is dialed on the phone it will automatically jump to the bluetooth without having to press anything.

Also the radio screen shows a message about transferring the call to the system but there is no way to select yes.

I have opened a case with Honda Motors for this issue an even they accepted there is a problem no body has call or come back to me to try to fix this issue.

This is a major poblem even it does not affect the car itself is way to risky having to take your eyes of the road to look at the phone and click on the screen to transfer the call.

Also sometimes the system freeze and shows you are still in a call but there is no way to hang up or cancel this ghost call unless you turn off the car and start it again.

I have try this with several iphone models and the system does the same no matter what phone (iphones only, have not tried with android models) or version of OS is installed but assume is not an iphone issue since in the 2014 model works perfect.

Will post some pictures soon.

If somebody else is having this issue please let me know how you are handling this.

Best Regards

Jose Fernandez

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Could be an IOS problem, heard people with iPhone 6+ were having problems after updating to IOS 10 and 11 doesn't come out until this fall. As people who aren't dealing with the back end stuff, it's hard for us to know if it's an apple problem or Honda.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts