10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've searched a million places but can't find it.

Basically- I've tapped off my rear speakers into a Line out converter- to input to my amp.
-Stereo works fine---

***Phone bluetooth does NOT work correctly.

-It seems that bluetooth only runs to the front speakers normally- my original front door speaker is disconnected- but the tweeter is not, and I can faintly hear the phone working through the tweeters.

I know I can run speaker cables from the front doors and use them to input to the Line out Converter to fix this------------> But I thought I read that there is a bluetooth menu option of changing bluetooth options from 2 speakers to 4 speakers? I cannot find it.

I've looked into the normal menus--- also the dimmer+audio+menu (or whichever- I'm not in the car right now, but I was in the deeper menus)...

Has anyone changed the bluetooth option from 2 speakers to 4 on this car?

thanks,

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Not sure if this helps but here's what the manual says.

Models with color audio system
Use the selector knob to make and enter selections.

1. Press the Sound button.
2. Select a sound mode to change, and adjust it
using the selector knob.
3. Press the Back button to exit the menu.

Models with Display Audio
Make and enter selections using the touchscreen.

1. From the audio screen, select MENU.
2. Select Sound.
3. Select the tabs to change the sound mode and
adjust the setting.
4. Select OK when complete.

Maybe there's a 4 speaker mode there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@4Tires/all,

Sorry for my delayed response. I've been working 60+ hours a week- and life has been hectic in other ways also...

I could never find the setting to change bluetooth output to all 4 speakers instead of just the front 2.

--- I ended up tapping off my front speakers, and this fixed the problem. I don't know why honda ran bluetooth to the fronts only... but that appears to be what they did...

---as a bonus, it SEEMS to be a better music signal (MUCH less trebly, etc...) than when I was using the rear speaker signal... I previously had the treble setting on the head unit all the way off---- and it was still too trebly (using Polk Audio DB651's and also Infinity Reference 6032cf's in either front or rear configurations)...

So, for anyone needing this info: The current wiring is: front speaker cables-to- speaker cables back to the trunk (inputted into a line level converter)-to- RCA cables to the input of my amp-to-speaker cables out to front and rear speakers.

-Bluetooth calls/music is heard on all speakers (amplified on all, but is a normal volume for phone calls)
-music has a better signal than when using the rear speaker signals (maybe no need for a audio signal processor for a Civic Ex-t???)

-Anyhoo, all is well- I can call on bluetooth now.

4tires- thanks for the info, and sorry for the delayed reply...

thanks,

Jimmy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts