10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BoldRide has some very nice things to say about the new Civic. Specifically, how the Civic is a great car for Millennials. Here is some of what they have to say, you can follow the link to read the whole article.

Center Console

Two cup holders, and a sliding leather armrest that also folds up to show off a healthy amount of storage space. The final touch: a small, sliding tray for keys. It’s the definition of nifty.
USB Holder

The floating dash allows you to plug in your USB through a nearly invisible port, and run the cord up to the designated phone pocket. Not only does it keep wires out of the way, but allows for more safety, forcing drivers to use the ample amount of handsfree systems rather than reach for their phones.
Digital Dash

To further put drivers at ease (of use), the fully-digital dash and instrument clusters allow for a simple scroll through of options. Music, MPG, speed—all at your fingertips. Paired to Honda’s well-thought-out set of steering wheel controls, the simplicity in which the system works should be taken note of by other automakers.
The tech features are definitely something that should appeal to Millennials, more so than older generations, not to discount them or anything. I think that there is more attention being given to this younger generation since they are beginning to have much more purchasing power and are the perfect age to be ripe consumers (18-35).

·
Registered
331 Posts
there is more attention being given to this younger generation since they are beginning to have much more purchasing power and are the perfect age to be ripe consumers (18-35).
The other reason Honda is doing this is they see that if they don't start attracting our kids, they will die along with their customers. E.g., look at Buick and Cadillac. Their demographic grows about a year every year. At some point all these customers will die. Then who will buy them?

·
Registered
205 Posts
The tech features are definitely something that should appeal to Millennials, more so than older generations, not to discount them or anything. I think that there is more attention being given to this younger generation since they are beginning to have much more purchasing power and are the perfect age to be ripe consumers (18-35).
What Tech features. CarPlay and AA yea, aimed at the kiddies. Honda Sensing (and other such systems) is (are) designed with an aging population of drivers in mind...

·
Registered
28 Posts
>Two cup holders, and a sliding leather armrest that also folds up to show off a healthy amount of storage space. The final touch: a small, sliding tray for keys. It’s the definition of nifty.<

Oh is that what the sliding tray is for?

The arm-rest storage area seems massively engineered to me. The cupholder at the very bottom just seems silly - although I guess now I can buy all the tall Voss that I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts