10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I purchased a brand new SI. I've drove a manual all my life from a Camaro to a Mustang to previous SI's. I made it less than 10 miles off the lot before the clutch failed and I was stuck on the side of the road. It would not go into first gear. The LEO nor the tow truck driver could figure out what was wrong so we towed it back to the dealership. They are not charging me(at least that's what they say) for anything except this rental. It's been over a week and now they're saying I need work on my transmission... I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar or had any advice how to handle this situation. Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sometime my shifter won't push left into the 1st and 2nd side so I have to shake it around a little bit. This sucks though, hopefully they make it up to you. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got a brand new SI just 11 days ago and so far my only problem is getting water in the fuel entry after a rain storm. Transmission has been picture-perfect, each and every gear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I first got my car back in November I was going uphill on a highway in 4th, and I was just trying ti keep up the speed when the clutch started slipping!! I did not expect that from a brand new clutch with about 300 miles on it! It's fine now, but it goes to show you how fragile these clutches can be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still no further issues with my clutch or shifter. Also Flyingato, thanks for the YouTube videos, you're one of the reasons I went with the Civic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still no further issues with my clutch or shifter. Also Flyingato, thanks for the YouTube videos, you're one of the reasons I went with the Civic.
Awesome! It's a great car, I really think it's the future modder's car, just like the previous 90s Hondas were.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last week I purchased a brand new SI. I've drove a manual all my life from a Camaro to a Mustang to previous SI's. I made it less than 10 miles off the lot before the clutch failed and I was stuck on the side of the road. It would not go into first gear. The LEO nor the tow truck driver could figure out what was wrong so we towed it back to the dealership. They are not charging me(at least that's what they say) for anything except this rental. It's been over a week and now they're saying I need work on my transmission... I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar or had any advice how to handle this situation. Thank you
I just replaced mine at about 7600 miles.. I’m not the best driver but I’ve driven stick shift since 13..needless to say my clutch was completely burned out..after reading into it more and $1700 later I’m wondering if I should reconsider my clutch/car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts