10th Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, fit and finish is not great. One of my doors is not aligned to the body (sticks out) and there is a small indentation spot in the hood. It doesn't appear Honda spends a lot of time on alignment. But I am more worried about the speedometer going dark and the long term reliability of the CVT.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think dealers are somewhat to blame since this is the sort of thing they should be picking up on when doing PDI's, and this is also why I suggest people to inspect every inch before taking delivery since changes like this are much easier to get done at that point than later on. Hopefully some future owners will learn from this.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got my appointment set for 7:30 am tomorrow. Cant wait for them to tell me my HIDs are the reason my seat creaks and the doors and fender are misaligned:laugh:;)>:)

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I either missed this of it's happened since Ive owned my Sedan but I just noticed this today on my roof trim.I contacted my dealer with this photo and waiting to hear back from them.Im sure they will fix it but it's time that could be better spent.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I either missed this of it's happened since Ive owned my Sedan but I just noticed this today on my roof trim.I contacted my dealer with this photo and waiting to hear back from them.Im sure they will fix it but it's time that could be better spent.
Most likely it happened since you got the car home. A lot of these civics barely make it off the truck and onto the lot before they are sold so they dont sit at the dealer in the heat and cold and elements so these things dont show up until the owner has it.

I saw where Consumer Reports wont recommend the Civic this year, I cant imagine that these 2016s will get good ratings in the initial quality ratings from JD Power or any other review or award companies.

Reactions: Smith

·
Registered
876 Posts
At least you noticed this before winter has a chance to roll in since I would hate to know what happens if/when salt gets under there and starts the damage. Rusting roof isn't fun.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the 16 LX and when I called the dealership to inquire about my first oil change, tire rotation etc, I asked them about getting the update to the infotainment system while I had it there and they told me they know of no update to the system ? I bought ( leased) mine in June of 2016 and I thought they had come up with one since then ?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
At least you noticed this before winter has a chance to roll in since I would hate to know what happens if/when salt gets under there and starts the damage. Rusting roof isn't fun.
I brought it to the dealership and they attempted to secure it down with silicone.The service rep said if that didn't work they'd replace it.It isn't right as of this morning so I'm going to have them replace it.And yes I mentioned the water under it and possibly salt causing rust.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was in a Ford Explorer when Ford came out with their infotainment unit. It took countless of updates to make it function properly, the black death screen was common. I remember my unit staying on for hours after I left the vehicle and I could not turn it off, or even mute volume. They did all sorts of electronic craziness, once the updates caught up it never had an issue again. This is pretty common with anything like that, if you ever saw the Ford Explorer forums the complaints with their infortainment system was huge, some guys actually sold their trucks shortly after purchase as they didn't want to deal with the issues or wait for patches to come out. What I'm hearing hear is nothing compared to the Ford issues.

With the Ford electronic updates they had to idle your vehicle for 45 minutes while the update was downloaded to the vehicle system, so you had to make sure you had lots of fuel in the tank, what a waste, and Ford didn't pay for your fuel.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I brought it to the dealership and they attempted to secure it down with silicone.The service rep said if that didn't work they'd replace it.It isn't right as of this morning so I'm going to have them replace it.And yes I mentioned the water under it and possibly salt causing rust.
Silicone, really ?! Hopefully they clean that mess up properly first before installing a new one.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Better to have them replace it than see the roof trim pop up again. Maybe even have your car experience a bit of temperature fluctuation to make sure it's stuck on.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Better to have them replace it than see the roof trim pop up again. Maybe even have your car experience a bit of temperature fluctuation to make sure it's stuck on.
I contacted them and a new part is ordered.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
UPDATE: got car back from the dealer. They fixed the seat squeak, was some metal and plastic rubbing. They removed the seat and realigned it. They could not hear the noise on engine start up, they asked me to video it if I could. Lastly, the fender they say is within tolerance. They said they went to the lot and measured some civics and they were all about that same. They also performed the Recall for the VSA/EPB issue.

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Question about speed sensitive volume,I had a rental (Hyundai Tuscon) and this feature was very obvious when functioning. It is turned on on my civic but I do not believe that it's working, does the volume number setting change as the volume goes up and down with speed?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Brought the car in and had the roof piece replace no charge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Question about speed sensitive volume,I had a rental (Hyundai Tuscon) and this feature was very obvious when functioning. It is turned on on my civic but I do not believe that it's working, does the volume number setting change as the volume goes up and down with speed?
Hi,

AFAIK.. l don't think so.. There is different adjustments for this feature - 4 , l think.. lf it is at the lowest, its a very very subtle increase in volume.. maybe you can jack it up to see if it is working right.. :)

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Hi,

AFAIK.. l don't think so.. There is different adjustments for this feature - 4 , l think.. lf it is at the lowest, its a very very subtle increase in volume.. maybe you can jack it up to see if it is working right.. :)
I tried it at all settings and with different inputs(radio,Bluetooth,USB) and I can not hear any increase at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried it at all settings and with different inputs(radio,Bluetooth,USB) and I can not hear any increase at all.
Bad luck then..
If not mistaken this feature is speed sensitive so it can go wrong pretty easily.. I guess a visit to the dealer is inevitable..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone else have the problem with the 3rd brake light cover. When I brought it to Honda for the E brake recall the Service Manager said they had one other car, and they tried using double sided tape but it didn't work. He said they have to wait until Honda issues a fix. And he told me when it completely falls off to place it in my glove box. I think that suck buying a new car and if pieces of it fall off just to store them until they have a fix. I don't think spending almost $30,000 is that cheap. That was with the extended warranty and all the insurance they rip you off on. My dealer was sued for bilking buyers for things they didn't want. Unfortunately I didn't know this after I purchased the car, I know I was a sucker, but this was my first new car and I only thought use car dealer was snakes. Well any how if anyone else has the same issue with the 3rd brake light cover I would like to know.

·
Registered
382 Posts
3rd brake light cover on the coupes are a known issue and last i heard, Honda was working on a repair. until then, i'd put the cover in the glove box and wait til Honda has solved it.

and this isn't only on the Honda civics. My sister owns a 2014 Taurus SHO, and with the special red paint, it was closer to 50k on the sticker...and yes, her 3rd brake light cover was falling off as well. it too was a window mounted style.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts