10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a new coupe soon. I doubt I should get the warranty at the dealer unless I get a good deal.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I usually don't get warranty but with the added electronic components in new cars, any of that techy stuff breaking may cost me an arm and a leg down the road. Have you already put down a deposit? You could try seeing how low dealerships around you are willing to go for the warranty.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If you see yourself owning this beyond the original warranty term and are 100% on that, then you might as well, extended warranties really pay for themselves come time for major maintenance jobs. Although it's based off a CPO Aston Martin, this is a good example:

So, as you can see, at certain times, the warranty can REALLY pay off.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Has anyone actually purchased warranty? And what kind did you get? I'm looking at the Honda site and they have standard warranty and honda plus warranty?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I think I'm going to get mine through Saccucci @ saccuccihondacare.com

$740 for 7 years / 80k miles. Sound good?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where in California are you? I might be able to put you in contact with mgmt contact(s) at a local Honda Dealership that can take care of that for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where in California are you? I might be able to put you in contact with mgmt contact(s) at a local Honda Dealership that can take care of that for you.
Hey Ken thanks! I appreciate that. I'm in Fresno, CA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found the best deal from Hyannis Honda online.
8 year, 120,000 mile and zero deductible.
First year for the turbo and the sensing system and this will be my daughters car through college.
I am not sure if California has any restrictions for buying outside of CA like Florida does (have to buy warranty in FLA)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Ken thanks! I appreciate that. I'm in Fresno, CA.
No problem- just send me a message with what exact warranty(s) you want- are thinking about and the best prices- you may have found- and I'll see what a dealership contact or two can do for me- for you.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I would go with the dealer warranty since I'm not sure how third party insurance works and if they're reliable during warranty claims.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts