10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am planning on getting the new civic coupe and ordering it from the dealer. but i was wondering how that works. Do i first get the car ordered from the dealer then do the negotiation of price and deal before the car arrives or just order and do all the other stuff later when to car actually arrives? I have never order a car before so i dont know too much about what to expect so i would love some help from those who have had some experience. Thank you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You do all the negotiating prior to commiting to the order. You will probably need to put a down payment. Also the paint/ interior protection packages are a scan . Don't waste your $$. Also sometimes they undercoat them at the dealer . Tell them not to bother. The extended warranty, do your research ... They are expensive and full of loop holes. I never get them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do all the negotiating prior to commiting to the order. You will probably need to put a down payment. Also the paint/ interior protection packages are a scan . Don't waste your $$. Also sometimes they undercoat them at the dealer . Tell them not to bother. The extended warranty, do your research ... They are expensive and full of loop holes. I never get them.
ah i see thank you. and yea i will probably not get all that extra warranty stuff cause i heard all that is just to make extra money for the dealerships. So i was also wondering even if i do all the negotiations and stuff if i end up changing my mind and not wanting the car anymore is it still possible to get a refund once the car arrives?

·
Registered
213 Posts
When you put a "deposit" down, get it in writing that it's fully refundable if you're not satisfied with the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
When you put a "deposit" down, get it in writing that it's fully refundable if you're not satisfied with the vehicle.
Another thing that helps is going to a reputable dealer since they'll be more likely to put everything in your favor, most of them do their best to make the first experience best, repeat customers is how they survive. Just getting that one visit to purchase isn't good enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts