10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2016 Honda Civic ex-l with sensing less than a month back. Today I noticed a problem with rear camera continuously displaying its feed on the touch screen even in drive mode. I noticed this happens after the lane watch camera turns off and it tries to switch back to audio screen. The rear camera feed shows in the 'top down view mode'. If I put my vehicle in reverse and then in drive the camera turns off. But once I turn on the right turn indicator and the lane watch camera comes on and I turn off the right turn signal the problem repeats. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Probably a symptom of flaky infotainment code. The likely workaround is to reboot the infotainment system. Put a finger on the display power button and hold it until it asks if you want to reboot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Civic 2016 EX Cameras not working (2 weeks old)

Civic Ex 2016 (only 2 weeks old). This morning the rear view camera didn't come on when reversing out of the drive, then realized the lane change camera didn't come on either on the drive to work. The cameras didn't engage at all. Waiting for a call back from the dealership. Pissed this has happened after 2 weeks of ownership. I will update with Hondas response.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Sound like someone may have forgotten to plug something in since the camera isn't engaging at all. Is your infotainment screen working?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Civic Ex 2016 (only 2 weeks old). This morning the rear view camera didn't come on when reversing out of the drive, then realized the lane change camera didn't come on either on the drive to work. The cameras didn't engage at all. Waiting for a call back from the dealership. Pissed this has happened after 2 weeks of ownership. I will update with Hondas response.
I have same problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. Looks like rebooting the infotainment system fixed it.
This morning I also had problems with the Lane-watch camera. It just would not come one either when I indicate left or when I press the button. I have only had my Civic LX for 4 weeks. This is one of my favourite features in the Civic. Darn..........
I tried the reboot option here and it came good again.
Thanks for offering this solution because I was already having regrets for choosing this car.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Welcome to the forum Adam.^^^^^^^

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also had problems with my back up camera. It would work intermittently. One morning when I was sure it was not working I took it into the dealership and they replaced the whole camera with a new one. Works like a charm now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear view camera activated when engaging right hand directional signal

For the first five months of driving my 2016 Civic, my rear camera and right lane camera views were activated when I engaged my right hand turn signal. After five months the rear view camera suddenly no longer was activated. The Honda service tech told me it was a malfunction and I shouldn't have had access to rear camera in that circumstance. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts