10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I just got my Civic the other day, and am loving it! I found this little plug in the trunk today, however, and I have no idea where it came from. Can anyone here help?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
wish I could help but I really have no idea what that little plastic bit does. Maybe something to pin the trunk lining down?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Take a close look in the trunk, with flashlight if necessary, and see if you can find the opening(s) that they would fit into?

·
Registered
876 Posts
That looks like something meant to hold down a part of the trunk lining. Look along the liner and see where a clip might be missing, maybe a main access point like the divide that lets you get access to the lower part of the trunk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! I found out what it is - it's a little piece that sits on the edge of the trunk lid where it touches the bumper, probably to safeguard against metal hitting metal.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks for the replies! I found out what it is - it's a little piece that sits on the edge of the trunk lid where it touches the bumper, probably to safeguard against metal hitting metal.
It's always a deep mystery when finding clips like that !

Once I found 3 clips in my car... literally never found where they went back, after extensive digging through and taking parts off. It was weird lol

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That would be an important piece, was it easy to stick back on? Thinking if this is an isolated occurrence or if others need to check their trunks too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts