10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We’ve recently touched upon dealerships selling the new 2018 Honda Civic Type R above sticker now that deliveries have started in the United States and Caanda, but it seems like some entrepreneurial owners are looking to flip this much sought after hot hatch for profit.

An ad was listed on Auto Trader by a private seller, though we do have to question the authenticity of their ownership as Carscoops claims that the posted pictures were from a showroom floor. Perhaps it was the dealership themselves who made the listing, we wouldn’t know since the ad seems to be missing now.

With an asking price of $81,995, that’s almost double the starting price of a Civic Type R in Canada. It may not be in the price range of that first North America Civic, which was auctioned off for $200,000, but that’s still a hefty sum for a 316 horsepower hot hatch. Perhaps the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with a 60 mph sprint time of 5.7 seconds can justify few thousand over MSRP, but not double.

Another red flag is the civic being listed as “used”, though it only racked up 8km, far from enough miles to label a car as “used”. This type of mileage is normally seen new cars as all vehicles are test driven by the dealerships first before being sold. Then there’s the fact that the Honda Canada site only as black and white as paint options, not blue.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I mean.. 1 second quicker is a pretty big deal. Trying to cut 0-60 down by a second is a bit harder than you would think lol. But still... not justifiable for these type of prices. They're on some real crack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe Canada uses a different calendar, but my R is a 2017...mine was $7,500 over MSRP (Limited production mark-up) and is well worth it...AND it's 306, not 316 HP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts