10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For any Canadians out there, Tim Hortons is running their Roll Up The Rim contest and they're giving away 40 2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX-T! You could win a Honda Civic for the price of a coffee.

Granted the chances are pretty low but maybe you'll get lucky. I know I'm probably going to start drinking more caffeine than normal but a free Civic Sedan is worth it.

Most of them will probably tell you to "please play again" but even if you don't manage to win a Civic Sedan, you would win one of the other prizes available. An with the Canadian dollar being so low lately, you guys close to the border can probably cross over to the Canadian side for a cuppa. :D

Other prizes:
LG 4K OLED TV (120 available)
$5,000 CIBC prepaid card (100 available)
$100 TimCard (25,000 available)
Doughnuts (millions of prizes available)
Coffee (millions or prizes available)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Guess I'll have to get some coffee from Timmie's for the next while. I'll be happy with anything being under the rim, but a car would certainly kick off the new year on the right note.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually just win a doughnut or a cup of coffee. Wouldn't winning a car be something.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I won a silver 2012 Civic LX 4dr sedan back in December of '12 from a local Honda dealership contest. :) Too bad it wasn't a 2013 Civic, or I would probably still have it (due to the upgraded interior in the '13 as well as additional standard features). My '12 was a great car, just had that cheap interior and lacked features. I sold it a couple of years later. It was a very cool experience.

*I also had a choice of a 2012 Toyota Corolla LE sedan, but it already seemed outdated.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa! :surprise:
Winning the large prizes are things I hear about from the news or something, never thought I hear from a winner themselves.

Were there any fine print things you had to do to claim the prize?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Whoa! :surprise:
Winning the large prizes are things I hear about from the news or something, never thought I hear from a winner themselves.

Were there any fine print things you had to do to claim the prize?

Nope, it was all straightforward and given away by the dealership in part with a local TV station. I just signed the papers (just as you would when you buy a new car, minus the financing papers, lol) and drove the car home that very night. It had 5 miles on the odometer when they rolled it out of the showroom. They even paid the sales tax, but I had to turn it in on my income taxes, which cost me about $1800.00... not bad for a new car. I wish I had of kept it, as I am not happy with the '15 Sonata I replaced it with (drivability issues).

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone won a Civic already so that means there's only 39 left.
So that's what a winning cup looks like. There's hope yet! Maybe.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
You missed a big part about the contest and that is, it's not limited to just Canadians, all prizes are for the U.S. and Canada. So now instead of competing with under 30 million people, odds just got thinner.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that's a let down. Didn't really expect to win myself but still had a glimmer of hope. Now it's been crushed. :crying:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
On the plus side some people are winning free coffee's and donuts often enough, although small, better than nothing.

Back on the Civic, maybe one day we'll see one of the owners show up here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts