10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, anyone else having issues with this capless gas cap?. It continually leaks gas(even if you let it sit there for 5 seconds after filling it up) and I am having to wipe off the excess gas that inevitably spills every time. Sometimes the nozzles gets stuck also. Yesterday gas pooled inside so badly and the entire car smelled liked gasoline to the point where you could smell it even inside my house.

Very poor design. You know its meant to spill as there is a drain at the bottom of gas housing. Should have just stuck with regular gas cap.

·
Registered
346 Posts
OK, anyone else having issues with this capless gas cap?. It continually leaks gas(even if you let it sit there for 5 seconds after filling it up) and I am having to wipe off the excess gas that inevitably spills every time. Sometimes the nozzles gets stuck also. Yesterday gas pooled inside so badly and the entire car smelled liked gasoline to the point where you could smell it even inside my house.

Very poor design. You know its meant to spill as there is a drain at the bottom of gas housing. Should have just stuck with regular gas cap.
It happened to me about the first 5 times I put gas in, it doesnt happen anymore though

·
Registered
26 Posts
zero problems also with my civic. i usually just fill it until the pumps stop by itself and i never force the issue, like see so many other peeps do...click stop, click the handle again stop, again, and again...etc.. what the **** is wrong with thoes people

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first few times it happened I didn't read that sign that says you need to leave nozzle in there for 5 seconds before pulling it out, which is abit annoying in itself...but this last time, when gas stopped pumping, the bottom well was already full of gas...there was nothing I could have done about it...one thing I did notice was that the gas spout was perforated(not the gas station I usually go to).

I just don't like this capless system Honda has come up with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So far I do like the capless gas idea. It's a little more convenient, in a "am I spoiled?" kind of way. I also like the way the gas lid opens, however, when I'm filled up and the doors auto lock the lid will no longer catch (until I unlock the doors).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so Im the only one this happens to?...continues to happen despite me being careful...annoying as you can smell gas for awhile unless I wipe the area down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts