10th Honda Civic Forum banner

Change the Dash?

27K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Smartie 
#1 ·
I don't know about you but I've never been overtly exstatic about the dash in either the 8th or 9th gen civics.

I for one am hopeful they revise the interior to something slightly more conventional, I'm just not a huge fan of the double bubble look...

9th

8th

Not even the Euro Civic can salvage it in my books, yes the cluster is much nicer, still not a fan of the double bubble...

The FIT however... now we're talking :D

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 2007 Fit and a 2012 Si. Initially I liked the single setup, but then after driving the Si for a while the double instrument cluster grew on me. I prefer the 9th gen layout over the 8th gen. Hopefully Honda will continue to improve on it for the 10th gen.

#3 ·
i've had both the 8th and 9th gen models. the 9th is a bit better, but better use could be made of the two side 'gauges' on the 9th. the fuel gauge and vacuum gauge (mpg gauge) could be something different.

like fuel and temp in same gauge..and other side could be more useful trip computer (honda is far behind in a true trip computer technology) and oil pressure - especially for you Si owners

#4 ·
I think that the 8th gen interior is better than the 9th gen. The centre stack is just horrible in the 9th generation. I don't really mind the dash though as long as you can still see fine through the windshield.

But let me just say again how bad I think the 9th gen centre stack is. It is really bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.