10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been very interested in getting the Touring Level sedan. Just wish Honda would make some changes. I would like to see lumber support on the driver's seat, traditional blind spot system for both sides of the car, no lane watch, the infotainment head unit from the 2018 Accord and Odyssey, rear seat air vents, well and of course heated steering wheel and cooled front seats. Would love to hear what you guys think. Sorry if someone has already had a similar post. Maybe some of these will be in the 2019 Honda Civic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The **** cupholders. At least for the Canadian market. Whether you go to Timmie's or McD's even the largest coffee cups flop around and spill. It seems that they are designed for the American market. When I went down to Cleveland to visit my brother the large Dunkin cup fit perfectly.

·
Registered
382 Posts
sounds as if you are describing an Accord.

edited for simplicity

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been very interested in getting the Touring Level sedan. Just wish Honda would make some changes. I would like to see lumber support on the driver's seat, traditional blind spot system for both sides of the car, no lane watch, the infotainment head unit from the 2018 Accord and Odyssey, rear seat air vents, well and of course heated steering wheel and cooled front seats. Would love to hear what you guys think. Sorry if someone has already had a similar post. Maybe some of these will be in the 2019 Honda Civic.
100% agree with everything You said!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
The **** cupholders. At least for the Canadian market. Whether you go to Timmie's or McD's even the largest coffee cups flop around and spill. It seems that they are designed for the American market. When I went down to Cleveland to visit my brother the large Dunkin cup fit perfectly.
For years I drove a UD 2300LP with a 21' steel rollback body and my biggest complaint about that truck was the 1-1/2" deep cup holders that were of an unrealistically large diameter (I never measured that dimension, though. . .). Best solution for my McD or Starbucks cup was to wedge a Bic between the wall and the cup.

Perhaps you could try that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Suggest:
1. Ride modifier: sport for kids, soft for old folks like me
2. Heated steering wheel
3. Better sound insulation
4. Blind spot monitoring
5. Tint top of windshield
6. More turbo, set threshold lower to kick in turbo
7. Raise very low plastic front bumper
8. Move microwave radar to higher, more central location in front bumper (obviously I had an issue last winter)

·
Registered
2 Posts
1) Block off the rear vent thingies below rear fender so that all the dirty water from the road stop seeping through and making a mess
2) Improve the headlights, they're dangerously rubbish at night on poorly marked country roads
3) air vents for rear passengers
4) move the USB ports to sensible place where I don't need advanced yoga moves to reach them
5) supply decent matt finish dash mats, the internal windshield reflection at night is dangerously bad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a big LOL from your "lumber" support! Unless you are carrying wood, I think you meant "lumbar" support!
Seriously though, I think that nearly all of us Honda owners are in complete agreement on the possible improvements you mention! I was sure surprised that my 2018 Civic hatchback did not have the lumbar support or the seat coolers I thought would be there. Since I am in FL & not NY anymore, a heated steering wheel is not big on my wish list.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Blind Spot and dual exhaust ports.
Both will probably be on the '20 refresh model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts