10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
****My images had to be removed since my post count was at 0 when posting this. In the future when allowed I'll try to link them.****

On Friday in my 2017 Civic EX-T manual transmission sedan my gauge cluster lit up with several error messages. The following appeared;

Power Steering System Problem

Hill Start Assist Problem

Vehicle Stability Assist Problem

Brake Hold System Problem

Brake System Problem

Emissions System Problem

Hill Start Assist Problem

The car still had power steering and the brakes worked (both the pedal and parking brake). The brake hold button would not work though.

I called Honda and the tech on the phone said it's most likely and electrical problem from the car. Since it's a long weekend I didn't want to wait until Tuesday to have it looked at for a system glitch. I went ahead and unplugged the battery for about 10 minutes to reset the ECU.

After doing so cluster showed me this screen;

System Initializing

I drove the car about half way down the block and everything went back to normal with zero issues. I haven't driven the car much since then, but for now everything seems to be ok.

I'll make an update if any other issues occur later this week.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
This is not a first for the new Civic but it is rare compared to the frequency that this was happening on the new Pilot and then the Ridgeline. I believe it's just a software glitch and appears to go away after a hard boot like you did. In most cases it never happens again.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
First off welcome to the forum.Second I'm glad you got this issue resolved.Ive also always kept on hand a code reader that hooks into the OBD2 outlet.Handy to have on hand for sure when these issues arise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem with my 2017 civic si

my new civic si has done the same thing you described, twice now: once August 22, 2017 and once August 26. The fist time it kept cycling through the warning all through my 40-minute drive and still a few hours later on my return drive for about 30 minutes. Yesterday, August 26, it was on for a shorter drive of about ten minutes but returned to normal just before I shut off the car. However, I never noticed a "system initializing" message either day. This is really pissing me off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got the CEL parade today. Came on in the middle of a 30 minute freeway drive. If you keep pressing the info button on the steering wheel to acknowledge the full list of faults it will stop flashing them in the gauge cluster.

Took it to the dealer and the only code was for "under boost". Couldn't find a cause and cleared it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts