10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doubt a Toyota exec could say the same about the GT-86/FT-86:

As chief executive of Honda, Takahiro Hachigo could get his hands on anything the automaker produces, or has produced: a new Acura RLX luxury sedan, a luxed-out Odyssey minivan, a top-of-the-line CBR sport bike... even an old NSX supercar. Heck, he could probably even get the skunkworks to cook him up a road-going version of the ten-cylinder HSV-010 that was supposed to be the new NSX but only ever ended up racing in Super GT. So what does he drive?

"Unfortunately, I don't have a car now," Hachigo-san revealed to journalists during a roundtable discussion in Tokyo. That situation won't last forever, though: "There is a model I want, which will, as I have told you, be launched this autumn," said Hachigo. "I want to buy the Civic Type R."

·
Registered
441 Posts
How does he get around without a car? Just taxis? Does he ride his bike?

I'm not really that surprised that he would buy a Civic Type R. It is one of the most exciting vehicles that Honda has out right now, and seems a slight bit more practical than the upcoming NSX.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
How does he get around without a car? Just taxis? Does he ride his bike?

I'm not really that surprised that he would buy a Civic Type R. It is one of the most exciting vehicles that Honda has out right now, and seems a slight bit more practical than the upcoming NSX.
In the Motortrend article it said he has an older scooter/motorcycle that he gets around in.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Being a person of his status, having a busy lifestyle and all i'm sure he gets driven around for a good portion of his time in a vehicle.

·
Registered
876 Posts
With that good taste in bikes he was bound to go for something nice on 4 wheels, I bet if it wasn't for the Type R he'd be getting an S660 or the NSX!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Do you think he is going for a "man of the people" vibe, or does he just not care that much because he is so busy he never has time to actually drive himself? It's an odd story altogether in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It's most likely easier to get around on a motorcycle and public transit. I've been to Tokyo and the public transit system was amazing. It basically linked most of Tokyo in a main loop that branches out.

It looks something like this:

The map looks a bit clustered but trust me, it was easy to navigate and goes everywhere.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It make me so sad to see subway systems that actually are fully formed. The Toronto subway line looks like this. Yes, that's all of it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I totally get what you mean. I saw this map that is what Toronto would look like if it had the same expanse of subways as Paris.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
At least the Toronto subway line looks easy to navigate even if it quite limited. I think you have the Go train too that goes a bit farther.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you think he is going for a "man of the people" vibe, or does he just not care that much because he is so busy he never has time to actually drive himself? It's an odd story altogether in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure he has time to at least drive the vehicles his company makes, it should be part of the job although they have other people to test and audit products.

·
Registered
991 Posts
At least the Toronto subway line looks easy to navigate even if it quite limited. I think you have the Go train too that goes a bit farther.
Yea Go Train is there for the suburbs, but the downtown subway is not very extensive at all. I'm sure other cities have it worse, but it's annoying to have political deadlock on the issue and no one willing to put in the tax dollars to do things like this.

Instead we built a tram to the airport that costs $30 one way and no one in the city will actually use. It's just for tourists.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'm pretty sure he has time to at least drive the vehicles his company makes, it should be part of the job although they have other people to test and audit products.
He most likely does test drive the vehicles but on track so people won't see him driving down the street in one.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I remember seeing the head of Toyota at a cars and coffee meetup. I think that showing up to events like that is a great move. I hope the Honda CEO does the same.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He most likely does test drive the vehicles but on track so people won't see him driving down the street in one.
I wouldn't doubt that he has taken vehicles out on the street, just depends on where he goes and who's around if anyone is.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts