10th Honda Civic Forum banner

chief executive of Honda, Takahiro Hachigo wants to buy a civic type r

9K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Civil 
#1 ·
I doubt a Toyota exec could say the same about the GT-86/FT-86:

As chief executive of Honda, Takahiro Hachigo could get his hands on anything the automaker produces, or has produced: a new Acura RLX luxury sedan, a luxed-out Odyssey minivan, a top-of-the-line CBR sport bike... even an old NSX supercar. Heck, he could probably even get the skunkworks to cook him up a road-going version of the ten-cylinder HSV-010 that was supposed to be the new NSX but only ever ended up racing in Super GT. So what does he drive?

"Unfortunately, I don't have a car now," Hachigo-san revealed to journalists during a roundtable discussion in Tokyo. That situation won't last forever, though: "There is a model I want, which will, as I have told you, be launched this autumn," said Hachigo. "I want to buy the Civic Type R."

#2 ·
How does he get around without a car? Just taxis? Does he ride his bike?

I'm not really that surprised that he would buy a Civic Type R. It is one of the most exciting vehicles that Honda has out right now, and seems a slight bit more practical than the upcoming NSX.

#11 ·
It's most likely easier to get around on a motorcycle and public transit. I've been to Tokyo and the public transit system was amazing. It basically linked most of Tokyo in a main loop that branches out.

It looks something like this:

The map looks a bit clustered but trust me, it was easy to navigate and goes everywhere.

#16 ·
Yea Go Train is there for the suburbs, but the downtown subway is not very extensive at all. I'm sure other cities have it worse, but it's annoying to have political deadlock on the issue and no one willing to put in the tax dollars to do things like this.

Instead we built a tram to the airport that costs $30 one way and no one in the city will actually use. It's just for tourists.

#24 ·
I mean he is still commuting, he is just not driving.

Good point about Tokyo though. I am guessing public transit is quite popular there as opposed to driving. Seeing the amounts of pedestrians on the street, it just seems like cars aren't the most efficient way to get around.

#27 ·
THe Fast and Furious movies are funny. I assume this car culture exists, but I have never seen or heard of crazy street racing happening like that. I imagine it would be shut down by helicoptors and police pretty quickly. And you just can't do that without eventually hurting someone (yourself, pedestrian, etc...). Maybe I'm just not living in a huge street racing city though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.