10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice work. So much better.

Edit: expecting the Si to come with this in body color, maybe black.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Not a bad look but the way I see it, when it comes to brighter colors like silver or white, chrome trim can blend in very well but black, red, blue... that's where I like to see that same chrome trim all blacked out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The RS model has an available black package which includes a black front grill, black lips, and a pretty swift looking wing. They might release the Si with those extras since they werent introduced in the usdm models.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a bad look but the way I see it, when it comes to brighter colors like silver or white, chrome trim can blend in very well but black, red, blue... that's where I like to see that same chrome trim all blacked out.
Yeah you're right. The chrome gives a more elegant vibe to the car which would appeal to a lot of young professionals especially in white black and silver. With other brighter colors it brings an aggressive demeanor which is awesome too. This gen can go both ways. I actually dipped my grill to protect the chrome for when I track the car up at vir. I can always peel it off after.

·
Registered
876 Posts
One good medium to get the best of both is to tint your chrome trim, that way in the end you have black chrome trim, it just has to be a light tint, something light enough to let enough of chrome through.

On white I was even thinking to go with neochrome tint, it's just about the only time i'd consdier neochrome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. My vinyl came in today and based on some videos Iv watched the tint might have a similar application process. I'm digging the idea of dark chrome so I'll look into that and maybe give it a go.

·
Registered
876 Posts
A good example is how it look on this clear headlight lense, which has me thinking that on chrome trim it will provide the subtle bit of detail i'm looking for.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That looks way cool. I wonder what it does to the light output though. However, to be back to topic. I think wrapping the chrome trim in that is a great idea. Nice subtle difference that you really have to look at to know is there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was originally planning to tint the headlights with like a light smoke color giving the front end a darker look with the black grill. I have an lx so mine didn't come with fog lights. I was gonna go with some sort of projector or led strip but tint it as well. I want to keep my civic straight up black and silver so eventually my taillights would get a darker tint too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The hatchback LX we purchased has black grill trim instead of chrome. We like it better, gives the car a mean look! If we had bought the EX trim, we would consider a swap.

We mainly bought the LX because we like the machine-finish wheels better than the black-out EX wheels, even though they are smaller. Plus the extra headroom without the sunroof. And the $ savings. We'll get deluxe features when we consider our next car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The hatchback LX we purchased has black grill trim instead of chrome. We like it better, gives the car a mean look! If we had bought the EX trim, we would consider a swap.

We mainly bought the LX because we like the machine-finish wheels better than the black-out EX wheels, even though they are smaller. Plus the extra headroom without the sunroof. And the $ savings. We'll get deluxe features when we consider our next car.
That's one thing about design that Honda does right, which is the right mix of black and chrome in the trim and I can bet if it wasn't for the wheels being in that finish they wouldn't need that bit of chrome on the side profile above the windows.

Do you ever plan on getting aftermarket wheels and lowering your LX?

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's one thing about design that Honda does right, which is the right mix of black and chrome in the trim and I can bet if it wasn't for the wheels being in that finish they wouldn't need that bit of chrome on the side profile above the windows.

Do you ever plan on getting aftermarket wheels and lowering your LX?
No and no. The wife loves the LX wheels, and we do not want to put ourselves in a position where tires are more expensive. Lowering the car would not make it a better vehicle for us, and reduces the resale value of the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I agree about the chrome with silver color especially which is what I have. I like chrome as it reminds me of the old days when all cars had chrome bumpers and grills. I am an older professional and the chrome appeals to me. However with other colors the black grill would probably be desirable. Have fun with your car!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts