10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
Thanks for having me on this forum.
I recently bought new Civic 2017 LX Sedan (2.0 L Engine)
However, I see that going up the slope, when engine is on 2Kish RPM, engine makes weird sound (weird as in, engine is still on lower gear and trying to go up hill) until I press on gas to raise the RPM.
Is this normal with this models ?
Has anybody experienced this thing ? Any remedy for this if its an issue ?
Thanks in advance ! 0:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Hi Guys,
Thanks for having me on this forum.
I recently bought new Civic 2017 LX Sedan (2.0 L Engine)
However, I see that going up the slope, when engine is on 2Kish RPM, engine makes weird sound (weird as in, engine is still on lower gear and trying to go up hill) until I press on gas to raise the RPM.
Is this normal with this models ?
Has anybody experienced this thing ? Any remedy for this if its an issue ?
Thanks in advance ! "

Hey,
I also have the 2017 Honda Civic LX and i too have this weird engine rev when going up a hill at 2000RPM's but to me i guess its a part of the CVT engine! (If you have the same engine) I have had it for 3 months and there is a steep hill i usually drive like every other day that i normally hear this noise. I don't think it is anything to worry about unless it becomes a louder issue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They CVT likes to run around 2K and up to 3K when power is needed for hills or merging. Hard to get used to it at first.

·
Registered
114 Posts
it always goes to 3k for me, even straightline accelerating...should I sell this ticking time bomb? lol
i use honda oil so keeping in the spirit of break-in, extending it without the assembly lube or what's left of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts