Civic X News· Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An agonizing two months after we saw the coupe, Honda finally showed us the next body style in the 10th Gen Civic Launch.
- The 10th Civic Coupe is lighter and stiffer than the sedan.
- The suspension is tuned to be sportier, read stiffer
- Expected onsite date is March 2016
- 2.0 and 1.5t powertrains are the same as the ones found in the sedan.
- 6MT 1.5T version will come later.
- Interior roofliner is only available in black
- Trim levels range from LX on up to Touring, just like the sedan. Equipment will differ slightly
- Vehicle shown was accessorized with available wheels and wing
Up front it's more of the same, but from the A-pillar and back Honda has something hot on their hands. The roof heads back to the deck just above your head, sloping in a sexy tear drop shape that tapers inwards subtly, giving the fenders their haunches.
Honda chopped 5.5 inches off the Sedans rear overhang while stretching the wheelbase some 2.9 inches. Completing the sporting transformation, the Civic Coupe is nearly 2 inches wider then the Sedan and sits 1 inch closer to the road.
The Coupe Honda brought to the reveal is an EX-L trim, which was slightly disappointing. We would of loved to see the Coupe with the new gorgeous Jewel Eyed Civic headlamps.
In terms of interior space, up front keeps all the virtues of the Sedan, while in back Honda has increased rear leg room some 5 inches. Overall interior space has jumped 8.4 cubic feet.
Engine choices are identical to the Sedan; the 2.0 is available with a 6MT or CVT while the 1.5T will be available with a CVT, until Honda makes the 6MT available with the turbo.
EPA mileage is expected to be similar to the Sedan, CVT's should come in at 31/41 mpg for the 2.0-liter and 31/42 for the turbo (city/highway).
Prices remain hushed for now, but we do know it will be in showrooms by March 2016!