10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Coupe and I'd like to know if I could add a spoiler to it. Where can I find some and is it easy to install? It's my first car.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Right now all we really have to use would be universal aftermarket spoilers unfortunately.. as for install.. I would probably take it to a body shop just because they're more experienced in that sector for drilling the holes, prepping them, sealing it all properly, etc.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Their aren't really any Coupe specific spoilers, you can try taking a look at universal ones from Seibon, Duraflex, or Carbon Creations. I'm sure there's more aftermarket companies out there but I can't name them off the top of my head.

·
Registered
876 Posts
One downside with Mugen is how much their parts cost, reason why brands like Extreme Dimensions stay on top of bringing out copies. I might just wait for a Mugen knock off from them. You'll save like 70% off the original.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yea, I rarely ever see anyone purchase a legit Mugen kit. I swear the replica ones have the badge and everything anyhow lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought my Civic Coupe Touring just over one month ago. I really like the car overall, but something was missing on the rear end. I just ordered the OEM factory spoiler in matching blue paint from my dealer's Honda parts counter. I'll probably have it installed by the upcoming weekend. I do like the look it adds to the rear end, I wish it had some added aero benefits but not likely as it isn't overly large. It's a nice cosmetic upgrade.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i am guessing your mileage may go up a bit with the addition of a spoiler. i've said this before....look at 99% of the hybrids....almost all of them have a rear lip spoiler of some degree. the manufactures i'm sure spent time in the wind tunnels with them and without them to see which helped in getting the most MPG's as this was their goal.

not so sure about wing spoilers however...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Added the spoiler to my EXT coupe 2 days after purchase (honda installed) and couldn't be happier. Really finishes the back end of the coupe off nicely and takes away from some of the rounded appearance of the back end.

·
Registered
126 Posts
^ yes that is exactly what I want to achieve, less of a round look on the rear end and the OEM spoiler does that easily enough. I've added oem rear spoilers on past Hondas and I always felt that the cars were more stable on the highway with them than without them, particularly with respect to cross winds, just a small difference.

Reactions: RobbJK88

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
^ yes that is exactly what I want to achieve, less of a round look on the rear end and the OEM spoiler does that easily enough. I've added oem rear spoilers on past Hondas and I always felt that the cars were more stable on the highway with them than without them, particularly with respect to cross winds, just a small difference.
Defintely makes the back end seem more upright. And love the way it looks. Never noticed any driving distance, since i only had the car 2 days before getting it installed. But im sure even small spoiler would add some amount of rear downforce to help stabilize the back end some at higher speeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Defintely makes the back end seem more upright. And love the way it looks. Never noticed any driving distance, since i only had the car 2 days before getting it installed. But im sure even small spoiler would add some amount of rear downforce to help stabilize the back end some at higher speeds.
Looks great !.

I get mine installed this Wednesday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts