LX model features:
2.0L engine (158 hp / 138 lb-ft)
5-inch central display screen
Automatic climate control
Electric parking brake
160-watt audio system
Standard LED taillights
Daytime running lights and automatic headlights
Manual transmission (CVT for-cost option)

EX model adds:
Everything from most basic LX model
Honda LaneWatch technology
CVT automatic
60/40 split folding rear seat
Heated side mirrors
Moonroof
Remote engine start
7” touchscreen display
180 watt audio system
Apple CarPlay and Android auto

EX-T model adds (as standard):
Everything from in EX model
Upgraded 1.5L turbo engine (174 hp / 162 lb-ft)
17” alloy wheels
Foglights
Heated front seats
Xm and HD radio
Dual-zone climate control

EX-L model adds (as standard):
Everything from EX-T model
Leather seats
8-way power driver’s seat
Auto-dimming rearview mirror

Touring model adds (as standard):
Everything from EX-L model
Integrated turn signals in the exterior mirrors
Rain-sensing wipers
LED headlights
Chrome door handles
Power passenger seat
Heated rear seats,
450-watt audio system with 10 speakers
Standard Garmin navigation
Honda Sensing suite of safety technology
smart cruise control
lane departure warning
lane-keeping assist
road departure mitigation
forward collision warning
collision mitigation braking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unless I'm missing something. I hate how many of the asian car companies bundle everything together. Can't get LED headlights without literally getting everything else. All I'd really love is a base automatic coupe with LED headlights and a better stereo. The germans do it and you pay for it but why can't Honda. Bugs me so much, otherwise I love this car.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The packages looks great but I can do without a few useless things like the rain-sensing wipers or heated rear seats. Still a pretty good price for a Touring model with all the trims $27,335.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One review said LEDs would be optional equipment... so here's hoping that honda offers an LED lighting package for those of us that want the LED headlights but not all the crap on the touring... The EX-T literally has exactly what i want on a car... all the bells and whistles but not hot sticky leather.... It'd be perfect with some optional LED headlights.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I actually like rain sensing wipers since if you're driving in the city and go from stop and go to higher speeds you have to adjust your wipers accordingly at times, so having the system take away that effort is worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EX model and above have "Remote engine start"? Did not expect that...
I don't think anyone did... honda's always offered it as an optional item to add on for $300... i wasn't expecting heated front seats on the EX-T either.

I wonder, the EX-T has 17" wheels (up from 16" on the base EX)... i wonder what wheel design it uses? The same one from the EXL? or it's own design?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I wonder if you'll be able to remotely start through an app? Does anyone know if you can remote start through AcuraLink??

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if you'll be able to remotely start through an app? Does anyone know if you can remote start through AcuraLink??
I wonder too... none of the key fobs that have been shown in the video reviews (only at a glance) looked to have the remote start buttons and mini screen. So wondering if it'll be through Honda's app that you can start the car that way... hmmmm. It'd be nice to be able to adjust the heat/cool and turn the heated seat on/off from my phone before i have to go out in the cold.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I doubt the LEDs will be optional. It will follow the same trim guide as the accord, where the LED headlights only come on the touring. I also don't know that it would just be a simple headlight swap, there is probably modification to the electrical system for the LED headlights.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I doubt the LEDs will be optional. It will follow the same trim guide as the accord, where the LED headlights only come on the touring. I also don't know that it would just be a simple headlight swap, there is probably modification to the electrical system for the LED headlights.
I don't know. It's more likely that Honda has built one system that accommodates both. IMO its cheaper from a cost point of view to develop one system and hide functionality, instead of two distinct systems...

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
If the remote start is anything like the ones offered in the 2015 and before models. I would rather not have it if I'm going to pay for it. I would want a remote start system where you can start the car from the the house and keep the doors locked then when you get to the car you can just unlock and drive off. But the way Honda has theirs set up is you can start the car, but when you unlock the car the motor dies and you have to start the car again. I get that you can warm the engine and cabin that way but it seems like a hassle to have to restart the car again. IMO.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the remote start is anything like the ones offered in the 2015 and before models. I would rather not have it if I'm going to pay for it. I would want a remote start system where you can start the car from the the house and keep the doors locked then when you get to the car you can just unlock and drive off. But the way Honda has theirs set up is you can start the car, but when you unlock the car the motor dies and you have to start the car again. I get that you can warm the engine and cabin that way but it seems like a hassle to have to restart the car again. IMO.
That is a bit odd. I could see that being the case with cars that you have to use the key to start the car, but for ones with the smart key that just has to be in the car into order to start it i'd hope that you wouldn't have to restart the car everytime.... as much thought as honda has put into the little details of the new civic i'd hope that's one thing they've addressed, especially since its a standard feature EX and up.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
The Honda Accessory remote start does turn off when you unlock the car.

The Honda Remote Start that comes from the factory on the 2016 Pilot does not turn off. You simply unlock the car, sit in the driver's seat, press the brake and push the start button once to confirm you are ready to drive and off you go.

I would say the new Civic has this same feature.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
The Honda Accessory remote start does turn off when you unlock the car.

The Honda Remote Start that comes from the factory on the 2016 Pilot does not turn off. You simply unlock the car, sit in the driver's seat, press the brake and push the start button once to confirm you are ready to drive and off you go.

I would say the new Civic has this same feature.
That's great news. When one of my customers ordered the Remote Start system with their new Fit and they had to turn the car off before turning it on again, they were pretty upset and I was really confused on why they did that. But if it's like the Pilot then that really is great to hear. I see that they added many features on the Civic that came with the Pilot too such as , walk away lock, capless gas cap, and now the remote start. So many great features for the 10th gen.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I guess the reason the car shuts off when you open the door is to prevent theft of the car ? My car shuts off as soon as I touch the door handle. It is annoying to have to restart it again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks like Honda thought of everything in the Touring model. The only possible missing items would be Auto Stop for drive thru's and long stops(in Eco mode of course), backup sensors (maybe not needed for shorter cars like civic).

If they added something like the E-loop on Mazda 3 (capacitor that disables alternator load), it would probably get 43 or 44mpg hwy, but of course it would be more costly and add some complexity.

·
Registered
124 Posts
One review said LEDs would be optional equipment... so here's hoping that honda offers an LED lighting package for those of us that want the LED headlights but not all the crap on the touring... The EX-T literally has exactly what i want on a car... all the bells and whistles but not hot sticky leather.... It'd be perfect with some optional LED headlights.
I will second that. No leather needed but would prefer a LED light group option. Also, it would be nice to get the 450 watt 10 speaker sound system without stepping up to a Touring. Maybe an option at the EX-T level?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts