10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You’ve already seen the 10th Gen Civic Hatchback prototype at the Geneva auto show and was probably hoping to see the production model at the New York Auto Show, well you may be a bit disappointed to hear that it’s still the concept model on display.

But the good news is Honda has confirmed today that the 2017 hatch will be hitting the U.S. market with their new 1.5-liter turbo-four engine under the bonnet and it’ll be paired with a six-speed manual transmission. For those of you who aren’t a fan of manual the hatch will have an optional continuously variable automatic transmission.

It’s not just the hatchback that’s getting a manual transmission, the 1.5L turbo and six-speed manual transmission combo will be making an appearance in every 2017 model year body style including the Civic Sedan and Coupe.

The new hatchback is scheduled to go on sale later this year; will you go auto or manual?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Manual is supposed to be available in all three models but we have no idea when they would come out. I assume this year since Honda has already made the announcement. Maybe even when the hatchback comes out.

The sedan touring has the 1.5 liter tb right? I think it may come with the manual.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Manual is supposed to be available in all three models but we have no idea when they would come out. I assume this year since Honda has already made the announcement. Maybe even when the hatchback comes out.

The sedan touring has the 1.5 liter tb right? I think it may come with the manual.
It'll probably be this year around October/November when the 2017 model year hits lots. That's the most logical time for them to intro the hatch and manual transmissions across the lineup. All honda has said is "second half of 2016" so anytime from July-December is game.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Never been a huge fan of manual, but I get it. It's great that they are offering this to customers as there was obviously a lot of demand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts