10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You may or may not know this already but the 10th gen Civic Hatchback was actually inspired by Lamborghinis.

According to Daisuke Tsutamori, the principal designer for all of the Civic body styles, he didn’t have specifics hatchbacks or conventional cars in mind when he was sketching out the Civic Hatchback prototype. Instead, he was inspired by supercars or more specifically, supercars from Lamborghini. Their supercars are what Tsutamori prefers.

Autoguide has provided a comparison Lamborghini Aventador and you can see a bit of it in the hatchback. The same matte paint, black accents and neon details found in the Hatchback. Maybe we’ll even get the center-exit exhaust pipes in the production model. Tsutamori did mention that the prototype is “very close to production” and Honda’s concepts are generally close to what their production models will look like.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just about every car out there nowadays is copying the front styling of the Lambos. I'm pretty darn tired of it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I don't mind they did that, the important thing is it came out looking like what some here expect from Honda. There's just about nothing going on that makes you question if it still looks like a honda.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Honestly, I don't really see it.

If the only thing that relates the two is color choice, I think that is a pretty big stretch to say that the Lamborghini influenced the styling of the Civic hatchback.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's the large side "vents" and large central opening in front below the bumper. All with sharp angles. 80% at least of 2016 cars have it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
It's the large side "vents" and large central opening in front below the bumper. All with sharp angles. 80% at least of 2016 cars have it.
Finding similarities is different from being inspired by something. I think that it would be strange for Honda to flaunt being inspired by the design of a vehicle that has nothing to do with their brand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very interesting that the designer for the hatchback is different from the sedan. Anyway I cannot wait until the hatchback goes on sale this year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts