10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Civic LX with sensing system - instrument cluster same as EX

I learned something new unless my eyes were deceiving me. I was browsing a local Honda dealer website and was looking at a '16 Civic LX with the optional sensing system. It appears that with that option you get the cluster that is in the Civic EX? At first I thought perhaps they had put the wrong pic, but on another, you could clearly see the entire dash and the smaller radio screen LX radio that the Civic has and with the cluster that appears is in the EX. That was one of my main reasons for wanting an EX, (though I would like that sunroof, pushbutton start and larger radio screen), but nice to know if I cannot swing an EX I can go with an LX sensing and get the EX cluster.

Was anyone else unaware of this?

Below is a couple of pics of a '16 Civic LX sedan with the optional sensing system, note the same cluster that comes in the Civic EX... pretty cool that you get this in with the package.

Non-sensing LX cluster...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, your right, it is right at $1000.00. I just didn't realize it added the nicer instrument cluster into the LX trim when you chose that option. Seems like you get more for your $1000.00 when you add it to the EX since you get the cluster that is already in the EX trim and up. Pretty cool.

I just wonder what all other features the EX radio has over the LX radio? I am sure it wouldn't be a bare bones as my '12 Civic LX was, lol. I loved that car, but wow did the '12 Civic LX lack features. lol. No Bluetooth, no backup camera, not even an outside temperature gauge, but looking back I would have rather had it than my '15 Sonata. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts