10th Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
please tell me you're joking!
haha. sorry nope. All the preproduction models get decommissioned. They don't want them falling into the hands of private buyers when the preproduction models aren't up to production specs for fitment of parts etc.

Just about a year ago there was a huge thing with a bunch of preproduction corvettes that ended up getting out. GM found all of them, bought them from the owners and had them all crushed.

If they don't put the car into a museum or such then they're destined to be most likely picked over for parts and crushed for the scrap heap.

· Registered
67 Posts
That was the very first full production civic to come off the line they've probably ran 60-120 pre full production cars just to make sure they run smoothly through the machines
True, but all the preproduction cars get destroyed. Yep, every single one of the test cars, preproduction models etc that we've seen so far are destined for the crusher. Even the test cars the media drove all get the axe because they aren't fully production spec.

The white civic pictured (there is a video of it now too rolling out) is the first 2016 civic destined to for the hands of the lucky private buyer that gets it.
I'm talking about the cars that have been built on the assembly line trust me those cars are built to the exact specs of the full production cars I just call them pre production cars because that is what they call them at when they train us on how to build the new model car ive been told that a lot of the pre full production cars are destroyed though through crash test

· Registered
959 Posts
That was the very first full production civic to come off the line they've probably ran 60-120 pre full production cars just to make sure they run smoothly through the machines
True, but all the preproduction cars get destroyed. Yep, every single one of the test cars, preproduction models etc that we've seen so far are destined for the crusher. Even the test cars the media drove all get the axe because they aren't fully production spec.

The white civic pictured (there is a video of it now too rolling out) is the first 2016 civic destined to for the hands of the lucky private buyer that gets it.
I'm talking about the cars that have been built on the assembly line trust me those cars are built to the exact specs of the full production cars I just call them pre production cars because that is what they call them at when they train us on how to build the new model car ive been told that a lot of the pre full production cars are destroyed though through crash test
Some live in press fleets

· Registered
165 Posts
haha. sorry nope. All the preproduction models get decommissioned. They don't want them falling into the hands of private buyers when the preproduction models aren't up to production specs for fitment of parts etc.

Just about a year ago there was a huge thing with a bunch of preproduction corvettes that ended up getting out. GM found all of them, bought them from the owners and had them all crushed.

If they don't put the car into a museum or such then they're destined to be most likely picked over for parts and crushed for the scrap heap.
well just donate one (or two) of these cars to me then
I don't mind if they may not be suited for fitment of parts
You could be surprised how flexible I can be at times :D

· Registered
205 Posts
well just donate one (or two) of these cars to me then
I don't mind if they may not be suited for fitment of parts
You could be surprised how flexible I can be at times :D
ah but that's most likely why they don't trust you ;)>:)0:)

(i wonder if press cars are sometimes cheater cars. a little bit better for reviews that are a little bit better?)

· Registered
165 Posts
ah but that's most likely why they don't trust you ;)>:)0:)

(i wonder if press cars are sometimes cheater cars. a little bit better for reviews that are a little bit better?)
I had the exact same thought! What if they (and I mean carmakers in general) crank up the performance a bit, just for those reviewcars, a bit vwstyle under the radar and then tune them down to the official specs.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
I think some reviews are based off of cars they grab off the lot and not special loaners from the auto company. Remember reading a report like that where they also rank their purchasing experience at the dealership on top of how the car performs.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
I think some reviews are based off of cars they grab off the lot and not special loaners from the auto company. Remember reading a report like that where they also rank their purchasing experience at the dealership on top of how the car performs.
Sometimes that's the case but when a car maker releases a new vehicle they at times have designated press vehicles they loan out to publications.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.