10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

We’re still waiting for Honda to release their sporty civic hatchback and then follow up with their track ready Type R model but while the rest of the world waits for the next gen hot hatch, those of you living in the Philippines may be able to temporarily fill the void with a new Civic RS Turbo Modulo.

Unlike Ford or Sloda who uses the “RS” badge to separate their rallye sport performance models from the rest of their lineup, Honda uses it more as trim levels for their new 2016 Civic sedan based models, the 1.8 E Modulo, RS Turbo Modulo and RS Turbo Modulo Sport.

Under the hood is a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder turbo engine pushing out 173 horsepower and 159 pound-feet of torque. There’s also the less powerful 1.8 E CVT Modulo trim with a 141 hp 1.8-litre i-VTEC engine. Not too bad but still a far cry from what a Type R can produce.

All three Modulo variants are equipped with Modulo accessories including front corner splitters, side skirts, rear under spoiler and finishers for the twin exhaust tailpipes (1 for the RS Turbo Modulo and 1 for Sport variant). The 1.8 E CVT Modulo will also be getting a deck lid spoiler while the RS Turbo Modulo Sport will sporting a set of 17-inch matte black Modulo alloy wheels. If you do decide to get one of these Modulo Civic sedan models, know that the accessories come with a three-year warranty.

Prices

1.8 E CVT Modulo: PHP 1,143,000 ($24371.29)
RS Turbo Modulo: PHP 1,445,000 ($30810.59)
RS Turbo Modulo Sport: PHP 1,510,000 (32196.54)

For the rest of you living outside of the Philippines, there’s still a while to wait before the new Civic Type R goes on sale.

·
Registered
876 Posts
This has me thinking about when they'll launch an HFP model since that always seems to happen with mainstream Honda models like this. Anyone here interested in getting HFP parts? Or even an HFP trim Civic?

·
Registered
922 Posts
HFP always makes a super clean kit for the Si trims. Always loved them as they weren't over the top but they were clean. Didn't look oem, but didn't look stupid either.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Wait.. I just re-read this, the "accessories" come with a 3-year warranty ?!
ANY dealer installed accessories you agree upon during purchase/lease of the car are covered under the same 3 year warranty as the rest of the car. That's for any honda car/accessory i believe, not just these specialty ones.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Looks better than the crap looking Si that was "spotted"
Yea, the spotted Si didn't look all that special, like a sedan but with camo... But maybe it'll get its own set of Modulo mods.

Would prefer the body kit to match the original paint color but other than that, it looks great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I live in the Philippines and the release of the GenX Civic was in June 2016. I got my Civic RS Turbo July 4 and am super happy with it. So our Civic is quite new on our streets.

As for the Modulo Civic, I haven't even seen any on the road nor any displays at the dealer yet. I see the parts of the kit, though. I believe you can purchase them separately and not as a whole kit.

Looking forward to learning more about my Civic here on this site,

Peter
(first time Honda owner)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi guys, I live in the Philippines and the release of the GenX Civic was in June 2016. I got my Civic RS Turbo July 4 and am super happy with it. So our Civic is quite new on our streets.

As for the Modulo Civic, I haven't even seen any on the road nor any displays at the dealer yet. I see the parts of the kit, though. I believe you can purchase them separately and not as a whole kit.

Looking forward to learning more about my Civic here on this site,

Peter
(first time Honda owner)
Hm.. that's quite odd, thanks for giving us an update on what the scene looks like though... Maybe someone can talk to one of the dealers down there and see ?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah you should be able to buy it from a dealer if you live somewhere else, if not then going through some aftermarket parts shop that specializes in Japanese cars should do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts