10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Do we have any idea what the cause of this decline is? Do we really think it is simply because the Corolla was redesigned more recently?

Do you think that the Civic will return to the number one spot once it gets its update?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The way I see it, as soon as the new corolla came out, the Civic just started to look even more boring than it currently is. Seeing what sales numbers are like for the new 11th generation corolla will help but it's too bad that information does seem to be yet available.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyots has been employing an aggressive growth strategy of late when it comes to their volume models, but it would be a mistake to assume its simply that. Toyota has built a great car with tons of included kit, it doesn't look half bad and some say its even fun to drive...

·
Registered
991 Posts
At this point I think that it is just that there are newer cars on the market. I'm sure sales will rebound when the 10th gen Civic comes out as long as they do a good job with it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
At this point I think that it is just that there are newer cars on the market. I'm sure sales will rebound when the 10th gen Civic comes out as long as they do a good job with it.
Yup, the next civic will factor in big time to how their future sales are, something i'm looking forward to when that time comes.

The new corolla has been getting some good volume, so who knows, maybe they can have better luck with pulling people away from the corolla with the next civic.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The Toyota Corolla looks pretty great this in its current form, but I think that Honda will be able to compete with the Civic. Its not like the truck market where Ford has an absolute dominance on the segment.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Scion won't really be a big deal for Honda. Scion sales aren't very high anyway. I think even if the iM sells well, it still wouldn't sell so much that it would make a noticeable dent in Civic sales.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah when it comes to volume, the corolla is the real issue for them

but that scion you talk about... could have better volume than scion products before it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I suppose it could. I think that even if the iM were popular it still wouldn't sell a huge amount. Maybe a huge amount by Scion standards but not by Honda standards.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I suppose it could. I think that even if the iM were popular it still wouldn't sell a huge amount. Maybe a huge amount by Scion standards but not by Honda standards.
no point going by honda's standards with a scion, that's not how it works

1 - 12 of 12 Posts