10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so on another site a member went to his local auto show and they had 2 of the 10th gen civics there. A touring and an EXL....

The best part and i know this is a rough estimate, but he took a quick measurement based on his shoes which he said were 12 inches long. So, toe to toe he took a general measurement from front to back and actually came up with a length 2 inches shorter than the current 9th gen. (177 vs. 179)

Granted, rough guess using shoes, but... even give or take a few inches i think we can all officially put our size fears at rest with this info. I happily welcome the width increase as it functions for handling and stance of the car. Also, another member who is 5'7" stood next to the car for height comparison and wow, that 1 inch lower makes a difference along with what appears to be quite a bit less ground clearance (even on 17 inch wheels). That car looks low slung but the hood and trunk are tall giving the whole thing a very muscular appearance. (Dodge charger comes to mind vaguely).

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
So it's a bit less in length but wider? Only good news to me for better handling around corners. Not sure is that 1 inch height difference will affect it's capabilities in snow this winter.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
technically the wheelbase is longer...
True, and the guy that did the measurement did use his feet... so goodness knows he was probably off by a few inches... longer doesn't mean anything... that could literally mean wheelbase alone, or that the car is .000001 inches longer than the current car...

Both guys on the other site that were at the show and saw the car both said that it doesn't appear any larger than the current sedan length wise.... they did say it was definitely wider and lower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts