10th Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting the better part of 10+ years for Honda to make a hatchback again, and hoping to almighty god that there would be an Si version of it... just to have the best option in a manual transmission outside of the super expensive Type R be the Civic Hatchback Sport. Color me massively disappointed.

I used to own an EP3, super convenient and practical, yet fun... a little too small, and a little anemic, sure, but a good little car. I currently have an FG2 that I bought new in 07 because I love Si... but there was no hatch option so I got what was available. Well, trade in time is coming soon, and I DO NOT WANT a Sedan or Coupe again!! :/

I like the LSD, Stereo, moon-roof, etc... that the Si comes standard with and that you CANNOT get in the "Sport". It makes no sense to me that there is such a gap between the Sport Hatch and the top end Civic (Type R) ... seriously, NO other hatchbacks between the 2 anywhere in the line have the option for a M/T.

What are the chances that Honda will release an Si version of the Civic Hatch, because I have to imagine that there is market for it, especially being that the Sport Touring is a thing? Does anyone have any definitive info, because I just can't find anything?! I just want a somewhat top tier Civic with a M/T that is practical and has room...

...Maybe I am just yelling into the void.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
The Canadian touring hatch comes with a 6 speed, so there is a chance they may add it to the US line-up, if not buy Canadian.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hatch is exclusive to the TypeR, won't happen
Except for all those other trim levels that are available in a 5-door... :/

That's asinine, and doesn't make sense since the Si is also traditionally a hatch -- so really, the 5-door isn't "exclusive" to the R

Also, the Si is hardly a competitor to the Type R... it's not like the reason they axed the RSX-S when they re-debuted the Si, for those actually were in the same market segment.

The Canadian touring hatch comes with a 6 speed, so there is a chance they may add it to the US line-up, if not buy Canadian.
This might become an option (as my FG2 is Canadian born/built)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts