1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.5L turbo engine
174 horsepower / 162 lb-ft
31 city mpg, 42 highway mpg, 35 combined mpg
0-60: [C&D achieved 6.8 sec] [Motor Trend achieved 7.2 sec w/ touring model] [official spec not yet released]
1/4 mile: [Motor Trend achieved 15.5 sec @ 92.4 MPH w/ touring model]

2.0L NA engine
158 horsepower / 138 lb-ft torque
With 31 city mpg, 41 highway mpg, 35 combined mpg
0-60: [official spec not yet released]
Transmissions: 6-speed manual, Continuously variable (CVT)

Suspension F/R: Strut-type, coil springs/multilink, coil springs
Brakes F/R: Vented discs/solid discs
Tires F/R: 215/55R-16 (LX, EX), 215/50R-17 (EX-T, EX-L, Touring)

Wheelbase: 106.3 in (1.2 in longer than outgoing model)
Length: 182.3 in (2.9 in longer than outgoing model)
Width: 70.8 in (1.8 in longer than outgoing model)
Height: 55.7 in (0.8 in lower than outgoing model)
SAE volume: F: 52 cu ft R: 43 cu ft
Trunk volume: 15.1 cu ft (2.6 cu ft more than outgoing model)
Headroom: 37.5/36.8 in (front row/second row)
Legroom: 42.3/37.4 in (front row/second row)
Shoulder Room: 57.0/55.0 in (front row/second row)

Curb weight:
2,742 lbs (LX model) (12 lbs lighter than outgoing)
2924 lbs (touring) (6 lbs lighter than outgoing EX-L w/ nav)

Weight distribution F/R: 59.6-61.4 / 40.4-38.6%

Body / Chassis highlights
chassis is 68 pounds lighter
chassis is 25% more torsionally rigid
car is 12% more aerodynamic
single piece rear subframe
58 percent better isolated from road, wind and engine noise
nearly 1 inch lower and nearly 2 inches wider
1.2 inch longer wheelbase
class-leading cabin space
2 inches more rear legroom

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I hate how they offer manual, pushing it to the basemodel which some are discouraged to get because of what it lacks, them along with just about every other car maker, end times for manual :(

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate how they offer manual, pushing it to the basemodel which some are discouraged to get because of what it lacks, them along with just about every other car maker, end times for manual :(
While i don't drive manual, i do agree... it really sucks that someone can't get a lot of the features they'd want and the transmission they prefer... guess they assume that people who would want a manual will have their hands busier with other things than touch screens and such.

Also, honda seems to justify it more with the fact that the Si and Type R will probably be manual only... so all us auto transmission people miss out there.

·
Registered
959 Posts
While i don't drive manual, i do agree... it really sucks that someone can't get a lot of the features they'd want and the transmission they prefer... guess they assume that people who would want a manual will have their hands busier with other things than touch screens and such.

Also, honda seems to justify it more with the fact that the Si and Type R will probably be manual only... so all us auto transmission people miss out there.
unfortunately the name of the game is CAFE and look how much worse the 6 MT performs vs the CVT

For 2016 a car with the Civic's footprint needs to achieve a 40.8 mpg rating on the highway. If they sell too many with the 6MT it won't make 40.8...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-automakers-will-meet-2016-cafe-standards

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is the difference between a touring and a touring PZEV?
PZEV models are sold in california which has stricter smog and emissions regulations on cars. It usually means that the engine ends up with a coupe less torque and horsepower in order to meet the stricter guidelines as they have extra emissions reducing tech which also effects the performance numbers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts