10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we don't have a price yet but lets compare the Touring Sedan with something we know has a price.

The Mazda 3 in Grand Touring trim and equipped with the tech pack is MSRPeed at ~$29,000 and it features similar, nearly identical content to the Civic Touring Sedan...

Do they undercut mazda on price, or go at par knowing they have a superior product, thats more desirable thanks to the badge on the front?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Ok we don't have a price yet but lets compare the Touring Sedan with something we know has a price.

The Mazda 3 in Grand Touring trim and equipped with the tech pack is MSRPeed at ~$29,000 and it features similar, nearly identical content to the Civic Touring Sedan...

Do they undercut mazda on price, or go at par knowing they have a superior product, thats more desirable thanks to the badge on the front?
My guess would be undercut, just a bit. Mazda's a much smaller company than Honda, so honda probably gets better pricing on their parts from suppliers. Also, mazda's trim scheme isn't as condensed as honda's which raises cost as well. I would say the Touring civic may undercut the mazda3 by maybe $1000 or so, maybe a bit more.

In another thread we guessed at pricing using honda's current pricing scheme and we came up with about 27k for the touring.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would say that because Honda has the Accord (I know Mazda has the 6, but that really can't compare to the accord) that pushing it to $29k gets too close to an exl-v6 Accord at $30k.

I'd like to see the Touring (current exl civic with navi is 24k) at 26-27k with the option to get atleast a thousand off msrp.

I remember reading in another thread that the sale rate for the top trim mazda 3 at $29k has been pretty bad. I mean most people including me just can't justify almost $30k or even higher $20s for what really is an economy car with options.

Also, with the civic now becoming a global platform and Honda being a much bigger company than Mazda, I'm sure there is some cost savings there.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I hope that the scale allows them to keep the price down. I think mid 20s instead of high 20s is a better price point to aim for, which is just undercutting the Mazda3. Like $26k might be a good place to put it.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If the 2016 Civic Sedan Priced from $21,190 I can't imagine the Touring to be that much more expensive. Mid 20k seems like a good estimate for the basic one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between EX-L and Touring?? The only things I can think of are the LED headlights and different wheels. Possibly ACC (active cruise control / radar). What about remote Start?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between EX-L and Touring?? The only things I can think of are the LED headlights and different wheels. Possibly ACC (active cruise control / radar). What about remote Start?
From what we've seen so far the Touring has the LED headlights, the full Honda Sensing suite of features standard, and the rear heated seats. Also different wheels. It also has some interior differences i believe... black wood grain on the dash and doors with silver trim (instead of all silver on other models).

·
Registered
98 Posts
From what we've seen so far the Touring has the LED headlights, the full Honda Sensing suite of features standard, and the rear heated seats. Also different wheels. It also has some interior differences i believe... black wood grain on the dash and doors with silver trim (instead of all silver on other models).
Hmmm Rob, all the videos/pics I have seen have the aluminum silver trim in the touring as well. I haven't seen anything with the 16 civic that had wood grain.

The touring vs ex-l differences, the touring gets the different wheels, trunk lip spoiler, led headlights, honda sensing and navi(?), 450 watt sound system (I am not sure if the ex-l will be getting this as well.

Add to the touring list chrome door handles.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hmmm Rob, all the videos/pics I have seen have the aluminum silver trim in the touring as well. I haven't seen anything with the 16 civic that had wood grain.

The touring vs ex-l differences, the touring gets the different wheels, trunk lip spoiler, led headlights, honda sensing and navi(?), 450 watt sound system (I am not sure if the ex-l will be getting this as well.
Look again. It still has the silver trim but it's a much thinner line of silver with what looks like a black/dark brown matte wood trim finish on the dash and doors. I'll try and find one of the pictures.

Edit* Upon closer inspection, it's not wood grain, but it is a two tone plastic. Looks like a darker gloss gray plastic with the silver trim under it. While lower models the plastic is all one color (silver).

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Heated steering wheel was one thing i thought they would prioritize first before rear passenger seats or at least include with the passenger seat getting that option but it just might be the case that they're saving that feature for a future year model.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Hi Guys and Gals,

I am HondaGeek from FitFreak.net. I work for a dealer now and I am privy to some, not all, information in regards to the new Civic. Like on FitFreak, I try to keep members up to date with any Honda news I can share.

In regards to Civic Touring pricing, while it has not been officially released, we believe that it will not exceed $27k based on the new pricing for the 2016 Accord.

Again, this is not official, but I have discussed this with my General Sales Manager (who happens to be an enthusiast) and it makes sense. Consider the price of an Civic EXL Navi now, Honda Sensing being a $1,000 option on the new Honda Pilot, and add a bit more for rear heated seats and a few other extras.

We will know soon enough, but we feel pretty confident about this one.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Touring doesn't get a heated passenger seat?
Heated front and rear seats.... why would they heat the driver and rear seats and not the passengers? lol. The EXL should have heated front seats (driver and passenger).

Look at the photos of the interior we've seen, you can see the buttons for the seat heaters below the HVAC controls.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts