10th Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Civic Type R is running on a 2-liter VTEC Turbo engine that produces 310 PS. This video gives you a nice look and listen to the Civic Type R accelerating up to 200 km/h.

The Civic Type R has made it around the Nurburgring in 7 minutes and 50.63 seconds, which means that it has set a record, although this was with the help of some racing parts. This includes "lowered suspension, flared wheel arches, a front diffuser and a rear wing the size of Texas."

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2015-honda-civic-type-r-acceleration-test-310-hp-2-liter-turbo-in-action-video-96152.html#

·
Registered
876 Posts
Too bad there wasn't a clip letting us hear it from outside. Still sounds great on the inside though.

Hoping these get brought over to the states, we've been deprived of anything Type R for way too long.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
We won't be getting THIS type R. They'll be importing the next gen type R here once the Euro hatches get their redesign in about a year or two to be in line with the American civics.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We won't be getting THIS type R. They'll be importing the next gen type R here once the Euro hatches get their redesign in about a year or two to be in line with the American civics.

And that's fine with me. At this point, if I'm buying a new Civic of some sort, it has to be a 10th gen. The 9th gen's time has come and gone IMO. I'd rather have the newest and greatest.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yes sir. I'm firmly believing that the Civic hatch we get will be available as a Type R only. It gets two birds stoned at once, Honda keeps exclusivity for the CTR and they protect the HR-V from the cannibal hatch.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can deal with that wait as long as I know its actually coming. A little jealous of the Europeans, but I'm sure they are jealous of some vehicles we get access to that they don't.Is it basically impossible to import the Civic Type R to NA?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yes sir. I'm firmly believing that the Civic hatch we get will be available as a Type R only. It gets two birds stoned at once, Honda keeps exclusivity for the CTR and they protect the HR-V from the cannibal hatch.
So the Type R will only be available as a hatchback? Could you get it as a coupe or sedan as well?

·
Registered
959 Posts
So the Type R will only be available as a hatchback? Could you get it as a coupe or sedan as well?
History says hatch only, for a more concrete answer contact Honda R&D directly. There was only one sedan Type R, the 8th gen in Japan.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I just heard that there might be a Civic Si. Will that come as a sedan or coupe as well?
Of course there will be an Si. Granted it will no longer be the "performance" civic with the Type R around, but currently the Si is offered in Sedan and Coupe forms.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
They have always been available in both sedan and coupe for a while, a trend they should have no reason to not continue, ESPECIALLY with the direction they're taking with the 10gen.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think that the Si will look any different from the base model? Slightly more aggressive front? Different spoiler perhaps?

Wonder when we will get to see what the Si looks like. When will it be revealed?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Do you think that the Si will look any different from the base model? Slightly more aggressive front? Different spoiler perhaps?

Wonder when we will get to see what the Si looks like. When will it be revealed?
Id imagine we could see it as soon as September when we think they'll unveil all the production models, but who knows, they might wait till early next year closer to the Si release date. I would assume the Si will probably share more style cues with the concept. A more agressive front bumper/grill, possibly the center mounted exhaust. Im hoping they offer a spoiler on the base civics as an option, and then do something a little more aggressive for the Si spoiler. They could also offer full LED headlights on the Si like the concept has (the mid model refresh accords will have them)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I think they should try to pull some cues from the Type R for the Si, but not too much, just enough to make the Si stand out from the rest of the trims below it, but to a greater effect than how they've designed Si's of the past and the current one.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Id imagine we could see it as soon as September when we think they'll unveil all the production models, but who knows, they might wait till early next year closer to the Si release date. I would assume the Si will probably share more style cues with the concept. A more agressive front bumper/grill, possibly the center mounted exhaust. Im hoping they offer a spoiler on the base civics as an option, and then do something a little more aggressive for the Si spoiler. They could also offer full LED headlights on the Si like the concept has (the mid model refresh accords will have them)
Considering that the sedan and coupe won't be given the Type R treatment, I think its safe to say that the Si might grab some of the design cues from the concept since its not like there is any other model that will. I'm just glad that we are thinking that it will for sure look different from the regular Civic.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Considering that the sedan and coupe won't be given the Type R treatment, I think its safe to say that the Si might grab some of the design cues from the concept since its not like there is any other model that will. I'm just glad that we are thinking that it will for sure look different from the regular Civic.
Well its not hard to imagine it having some different design elements. All the Si civics have had SOME differences. Front grill. Rear spoiler. etc. Essentially honda could give the Si totally different rear diffuser (center mounted exhaust) and the more aggressive concept front bumper. I could definitely see the blacked out grill being an Si only option, tho i hope they offer it on the base models as an optional thing.

Different wheels and the potential of full LED headlights similar to the concepts (the new accord has them) would be possible too.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I think they should try to pull some cues from the Type R for the Si, but not too much, just enough to make the Si stand out from the rest of the trims below it, but to a greater effect than how they've designed Si's of the past and the current one.
see that's difficult because you're talking about the 9th gen CTR and the 10th Si...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
see that's difficult because you're talking about the 9th gen CTR and the 10th Si...
Exactly. We don't know what the 10th gen type R will look like yet. itll be sharing a face with the rest of the 10th gen civics so the add ons could be totally different. i'm hoping for a slightly more mature looking type R than the current boy racer hotwheels look the 9th CTR has. More so we might look at the S660/S1000/NSX/baby NSX renders for ideas on visual cues they could add.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
True, can't forget that. The CTR is new to us but old when we really see how it started out as... a European market 9th hatch.

With that said... baby NSX cues please!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well its not hard to imagine it having some different design elements. All the Si civics have had SOME differences. Front grill. Rear spoiler. etc. Essentially honda could give the Si totally different rear diffuser (center mounted exhaust) and the more aggressive concept front bumper. I could definitely see the blacked out grill being an Si only option, tho i hope they offer it on the base models as an optional thing.

Different wheels and the potential of full LED headlights similar to the concepts (the new accord has them) would be possible too.
I don't think that the blacked out grille will be an option on standard models. Though it would be fairly easy to do yourself. I have to say that a chrome grille will look way worse than the blacked out grille.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts